This 8-day tour of Puglia is a great way to venture off the beaten path in one of Europe's most visited tourist destinations. This tour is an immersive exploration of the Italian region that time forgot, from the rural countryside to the scenic seaside. A blend of active and leisure time on this tour makes sure that you are able to fully enjoy this unforgettable journey in one of the most idyllic vacation destinations on the planet.
Polignano a Mare – Introduction to Puglia
Known for its stunning coastlines and Baroque beauty, Puglia is an outstanding setting for your first day on your Southern Italy tour. After your flight arrives in Bari, a comfortable transfer will carry you along the coast. With panoramic views of the Adriatic on one side and medieval villages on the other, you may not even notice the time pass by before arriving at your final destination of Polignano a Mare. By the time you arrive, you will be well on your way to falling in love with this rustic corner of Italy. Upon arriving at your picturesque accommodation, you will have the remainder of the day to enjoy at your leisure.
Polignano a Mare – The Apulian Coastline
Polignano a Mare – The Region's Famous Trulli
Polignano a Mare – An Authentic Masseria
Polignano a Mare – Exploring Rustic Ruins
Polignano a Mare – A Day at your Leisure
Polignano a Mare – Baroque Architecture
Polignano a Mare – A Puglian Departure
- Take to the waves on a famous Caicco, an authentic sailing ship that once plied the Mediterranean waters in great abundance
- Amble through your first dusk in Italy on the famous Passegiata, where locals take to the streets to enjoy the evening air and their colorful community
- Duck your head as you enter the cozy dwellings of the trulli, a traditional stone hut known for its uncommon shape, as you visit the UNESCO-protected neighborhoods of Alberobello
- Visit the rustic ambiance of a local winery to sample the product of centuries of wine-making excellence
- Stroll through the pastoral beauty of an authentic Masseria on a visit that will acquaint you with the scenic nature of these farms as well as their historical significance
- Sample some of the most authentic burrata available in Italy on a visit to the town of Gioia del Colle, where you can enjoy many of the community's charming attractions
- Explore the Baroque cityscape of Lecce, where Roman ruins stand side-by-side with modern-day spas and offer visitors a unique Puglian ambiance
$2,859 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Stacey A.
Reviewed By Voyle H.
Reviewed By Chris Y.
Reviewed By Mark A.
Reviewed By Tracy M.
Reviewed By Carla S.