Situated in Southern Italy, Puglia remains well off the beaten path for visitors to this famous peninsula, and this 9-day tour of Puglia aims to capitalize on this by leading you to all the main attractions as well as ensuring an exclusive feel throughout its entirety. From Savelletri to Lecce, this rural region of Italy will come to life through visits to olive groves, picturesque beaches, and charming city centers.
Savelletri – Your Puglian Adventure
Puglia is one of Italy's undiscovered treasures and remains far from the bustle of the busy cities of Rome and Florence; however, Puglia still offers visitors warm hospitality and some of the most stunning coastlines in the country. Into this Mediterranean paradise you will plunge as you arrive in the region's capital of Bari and make your way to your comfortable accommodations in Savelletri. Upon your arrival, you will have the remainder of the day to explore the many whitewashed neighborhoods and sandy beaches of this community.
Savelletri – The Trulli of Alberobello
Savelletri – The Region's Most Treasured Export
Savelletri – One of Europe's Oldest Olive Groves
Savelletri – Touring the Age-Old Villages
Lecce – The Salentine Peninsula
Lecce – The Seaside Glow of Gallipoli
Matera – The Ancient Sassi of Matera
Matera – Departure
- Sample the delightful variety of cheeses on display at a local artesian cheese shop where Burrata is made following the same recipes that have been used by locals for centuries
- Enjoy a visit to one of the oldest olive groves in Europe to enjoy a rustic picnic under the shade of the trees that help produce one of Italy's most famous exports
- Stroll along the bright boulevards and stunning scenery of Ostuni on a walking tour to witness the town's history come to life
- Explore the island town of Gallipoli, where the ancient ruins stand side by side with medieval buildings
- Participate in a nightly stroll around Lecce and witness a charming tradition
- Discover the ancient cave dwellings of Matera, where locals sought shelter for centuries
- Visit a ceramic workshop in Lecce to witness how local artisans follow age-old techniques to produce some stunning examples of sculptures and pottery
- Savor varieties of olive oil on a trip to a local press where a charming guide will walk you through the production steps and help you find your favorite oil
$4,090 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Tracie R.
Reviewed By Raymond G.
Reviewed By Gerald F.
Reviewed By Elyse K.
Reviewed By Sherri T.
Reviewed By Susan B.