From the heights of Moher to the shores of the Shannon, the west of Ireland is an area of such beauty that it defies description: winding streams cutting through verdant valleys, peaks rising from sea and land alike, each day more majestic than the one before. But don’t take our word for it: come and see for yourself on this luxury tour to Ireland.
Kinsale – Ireland’s Premier Spot for Fine Food
Your first day in the Republic brings you to Kinsale, a delightful fishing village known for its immaculately preserved city center and its well-deserved reputation as the gourmet capital of Ireland. Echoing history from all epochs of the past, Kinsale boasts spectacular natural scenery, meandering cobblestone streets leading to old forts and manor houses, and perhaps the freshest and best-prepared seafood in the entire country. The area offers a number of challenging and picturesque golf courses, as well as an iconic lighthouse on the headlands of the Old Head of Kinsale, as well as a vast array of colorful and welcoming pubs filled with Irish spirits and Irish music.
Tralee – A Trip to Tralee
Tralee – The Famous Ring of Kerry
County Mayo – Up the Coast to Mayo
Westport – Welcome to Westport
Limerick – The Capital of Ireland’s West
Limerick – Leaving Erin
- Wander Kinsale, an unrivalled beach town and the gourmet capital of Ireland, before relaxing by the side of Actons Hotel’s magnificent pool and steaming saunas
- Tour Tralee, the capital of County Kerry and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Republic
- Drive the Ring of Kerry and marvel at the rugged countryside of the Irish west, as well as the affable villages that dot the landscape
- Engage your naturalist side at the Burren, home to some of the most diverse species of flora and fauna in Europe
- Lose yourself in the wonder of the gigantic Cliffs of Moher and this remarkable collision of sea and shore
- Visit Westport, three-time winner of the Irish Tidy Towns Competition and voted the Best Place to Live in Ireland in 2012
- Discover the allure of Limerick, where the past and present merge to form a hidden gem of Irish cities
Gourmands and adventurers, sportsmen and shoppers will all find their pleasures in the singular beauty of Western Ireland. This weeklong vacation will give you a pleasing taste of this best this region has to offer, while titillating all of your senses and leaving you in eager anticipation for what tomorrow has to offer.
Begin in Kinsale and indulge your food fantasies at the culinary center of Ireland’s food renaissance before feasting your eyes upon the awesome Ring of Kerry. Admire the medieval architecture at Caherconree and King John’s Castle as well as buildings of a more popular kind as you take in an impromptu concert at one of the many pubs that brighten the night. Acquire or hone your painting skills at the Pontoon Bridge Hotel, or try to snare a salmon in the famous River Moy. Wherever your inclinations take you, they’ll be sure to find their place.
Come to the land sung of by poets, pined for by emigrants and praised by travelers the world round. Discover this beautiful isle filled with smiling faces and rolling hills, topped by jagged peaks and the strains of Celtic music. Whether you seek sea or stream, mountain or monument, castle, coast or kitchen, rest assured that all of them can be found here. Guard your heart: if you’re not careful, you might see it stolen away.
$2,795 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 374 reviews.
Reviewed By Michelle G.
Reviewed By Jenna D.
Reviewed By Rachel S.
Reviewed By WIlliam D.
Reviewed By JEFFREY R.
Reviewed By LAUREN G.