Hallowed halls and stately apartments, the gentle plucking of an Irish harp and the sonorous cadence of Irish in Connemara, breathing in the coastal air on the banks of mighty sea-cliffs; it’s all enough to take your breath away. Add to that spending all your nights in restored castles, and that’s what we call a dream vacation.
Dublin - Your First Day in Ireland
Land in the sleek and modern international terminal at Dublin Airport before meeting your drive at the arrivals gate. After dropping off your bags at your luxurious and incomparable castle hotel, take in the sights at this one-of-kind world capital. Shrink in the power of Dublin Castle, a puissant edifice constructed to convey the might of the British government who ruled Ireland from this location for centuries, and tour the impressive and sumptuous State Apartments, open to the public and sure to astound you with its taste and high style.
Discover the recent history of the Irish struggle for independence at Killmainham Gaol, where leaders of the abortive Easter Rebellion were held until their release or execution, including the American Eamon de Valera, the first president of the Republic of Ireland. And take a break from the sometimes sordid past for instruction and imbibing at the Guinness Storehouse at St. James Gate, where you’ll discover the process by which this most famous export is created and enjoy a pint high above Dublin streets, with a nearly 360-degree view of the city below and the country beyond.
Dublin - Twice as Nice in Dear Dublin
Tralee - Through the Midlands to Tralee
Tralee - The Far West of Ireland
Tralee - Crossing the Shannon into County Limerick
Tralee - A Castle and Coastal Cliffs
Galway - Walking the Burren
Galway - Connemara and Kylemore Abbey
The Midlands- Trekking East and South
Dublin - Returning to Dublin
Dublin - Departing the Emerald Isle
- Spend two days in incredible Dublin, taking in all the best sights and experiences, from Trinity College and Dublin Castle to the Guinness Storehouse
- Drive through the incredible Irish countryside before arriving in Tralee, one of Ireland’s most charming villages
- Tour the Dingle Peninsula, the western-most point of Ireland, home to some of the most spectacular scenery and fascinating ruins in the country
- Ford the River Shannon and spend the evening in Limerick, a bustling city that is quickly becoming one of Ireland’s favorite tourist spots
- Ride up the Atlantic coast and witness the spectacular formations of the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren
- Discover Kylemore Abbey and Bunratty Castle, and walk the grounds and gardens that surround them
- Witness the incredible kinglands of Ireland in the Boyne River valley, from the Hill of Tara to the incredible complex of ancient Newgrange
- Extend your trip and visit Ashford Castle, formerly owned by the Guinness Family
Built as the homes and strongholds of ancient kings and queens, or as the administrative centers for foreign powers, castles have exerted a special hold on Ireland for most of its history. This incredible 11-day tour offers you the chance to not only discover these incredible and historic edifices, but also to spend your evenings in them, as you’ll be laid to rest every night in a converted castle-cum luxury hotel.
Arrive in Dublin and experience all that this cosmopolitan city has to offer, from museums to public houses, from college greens to city parks. Head west and discover the rugged west, touring Dingle Peninsula, County Clare and the inescapable history at Connemara. And return to the eastern shore by passing through Ireland’s most legendary countryside, where mythical kings ruled and rebelled and were laid to rest, and where a mystical structure older than Stonehenge dominates the landscape.
Exploring the remains of some of Europe’s most famous castles, encountering the charm of the Irish people, and spending your nights filled with music and dancing, feasting and storytelling offers an entrancing trip on their own: add to this the stunning accommodations throughout your journey, and you’ll be sure to report that this is a trip fit for a king.
$5,715 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on
Reviewed By Victoria D.
Reviewed By Dhaval V.
Reviewed By Jonathan R.
Reviewed By Jennifer B.
Reviewed By Jeanne S.
Reviewed By Linda N.