Explore a treasure trove of history on this 14-day Egypt adventure that brings you to the remarkable ancient sites standing in the desert sands. Discover the distinct blend of history and modernity in Cairo, wander along the Nile banks of Aswan, before you cross the sand seas to Abu Simbel, delve into the spirit of Luxor, and more on this customizable tour that’s perfectly suited to history buffs.
Cairo - The Capital’s Old and New World
Spreading from the banks of the Nile River across Egypt’s desert, Cairo is an oasis in the golden sands that bustles day and night. The capital city is a trove of history in and amongst modern skyrises more reflective of the new world. Development continues to roll out, creating two distinct districts in Old and New Cairo. You will explore both during your stay, discovering the cultural depth of the ancient center and the glamorous charms of the sophisticated neighborhoods. In the evening, you will enjoy a delicious introduction to Egyptian cuisine after transferring to your accommodation.
Cairo - Discover the Glory of Giza
Cairo - History and Culture Collide in Cairo
Cairo - The Spiritual Sanctuaries of Egypt
Aswan - Fabulous Felucca Cruise at Sunset
Aswan - Adventures to Abu Simbel
Aswan - Immerse Yourself in Nubian Culture
Luxor - Legends of Kom Ombo Temple
Luxor - Enter the Valley of the Kings
Luxor - The City’s Astonishing Ancient Temples
Luxor - Sunrise Scenes Over the Egyptian Desert
Luxor - Magnificent Museums of Luxor
Cairo - Free Day in the Capital City
Cairo - Depart the Old City
- Embrace the significance of the Great Pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, and Saqqara Necropolis as you cross the sands of time and capture remarkably cinematic images
- Trace the origins of Cairo’s deep cultural and spiritual roots as you explore the Citadel of Cairo and the Khan el-Khalili bazaar
- Wander to the diverse spiritual sites of Cairo, including the Hanging Church, the Abu Serga Church, the Mosque-Madrasa of Sultan Hassan, and the Ben Ezra Synagogue
- Sail across the shimmering Nile waters that flow around Aswan on a breathtaking Felucca sunset cruise
- Traverse the golden sands of Egypt to the Abu Simbel temple grounds, an enormous pharaonic site of impeccable and grand proportions
- Enjoy the pleasures of Philae Temple on an island in the Aswan Low Dam before you immerse yourself in the Nubian village’s colorful culture and town
- Head for the unique Temple of Kom Ombo, a fascinating and unusual historic complex built during the Ptolemaic Dynasty
- Witness the resting places of ancient pharaohs and Egyptian empirical figures on a tour of the impressive features that veil the Valley of the Kings
- Discover the charms of Luxor on a city tour that brings you to the Ancient Temple of Luxor and the Karnak Temple Complex
- See Luxor from the sky on a sunrise hot-air balloon ride over the city and the sweeping yellow desert sands
$7,793 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Liliana G.
Reviewed By Arkesh K.
Reviewed By Bob D.
Reviewed By John M.
Reviewed By Douglas W.
Reviewed By Marvin W.