Pristine ecosystems, untouched wilderness, and enchanting wildlife will bring your dream to life during your luxury 12-day African safari in Botswana and Zimbabwe. Travel the legendary branches of the Okavango Delta on a traditional moko in search of thirsty elephants, and then follow your private guide through the grasses of the Mana Pools for close encounters with playful wild dogs and grazing buffalo. From game drives to fishing excursions, specialist guides to opulent safari camps, your trip...
Okavango Delta - Arrive in Botswana’s Remote Wild
The Okavango Delta is one of the most extraordinary destinations in Africa. Stunning wildlife thrives along the marshy banks of the sprawling branches and is found in the distant call of leopard barks and the nightly whoop of a hunting hyena. Papyrus reeds sway in the gentle morning breeze, and the vast sands of the bordering Kalahari Desert offer a glimpse of the landscape on the close perimeter of the oasis of palm, acacia, sycamore fig, and mangosteen trees. After landing at the airstrip, your private transfer will escort you to the comforts of the Vumbura Plains safari camp.
The luxurious grounds rise out of the diverse surroundings accentuated by opulent tents with private plunge pools and views open to the wafting reeds nestled between the banks of the delta’s iconic channels. For an introduction to your camp and the splendor of the ecosystem, you can experience a mokoro safari by boarding the traditional dugout canoe with an experienced guide and skipper. The canoe has become a symbol of the Delta as it spans nearly 20 feet in length and offers a unique view of the wilderness and wildlife from the sunken perspective of the water. Your guide will steer you down the channel quietly gliding on the water as the aroma of Jacaklberry trees fills the air. You may spot the Bradfield’s hornbill perched on the strands of grass. The bird can grow up to 22 inches tall and can have yellow eyes with a red beak.
Okavango Delta - Discover the Exceptional Wildlife
Okavango Delta - Indulge in Luxurious Wilderness
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans - Revel in Dynamic Views
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans - Embrace the Unique Terrain
Victoria Falls - Delight in Victoria Falls’ Beauty
Mana Pools - Uncover the Zambezi Valley’s Charms
Mana Pools - Experience the Marvels of Wildlife
Mana Pools - Wander the Expansive Wilderness
Mana Pools - Enjoy the Hallmarks of the Region
Mana Pools - Depart for Home
- Experience the depths of the wild at Mana Pools National Park with a private specialist guide for unique perspectives on game drives, walking safaris, and canoe excursions
- Learn the art and skill of tracking the wildlife in an open setting as you search for animals like elephants, buffalo, and wild dogs
- Witness the wilds of the Okavango Delta from a different view when on a traditional mokoro dugout canoe giving a picture of smaller creatures such as waterbirds and frogs
- Embrace the contrasting visions of the landscape along the Okavango Delta during a hot-air balloon ride finding the delta greenery surrounded by expansive desert sands
- Wander the savannah scenery alongside curious meerkats as they poke their heads from their burrows to spot possible predators
- Visit one of the oldest trees in Africa and a legendary site for colonial history in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Discover the ancient secrets and continued practices of the Zu’Hoasi bushmen with a guided visit showcasing the ancient culture
- Listen to the endless rolling thunder and towering mist deriving from the powerful cascades of Victoria Falls, the largest waterfall in the world
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Kathy T.
Reviewed By Sharon T.
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Jackie M.
Reviewed By Genie G.
Reviewed By Pia G.