The Kalahari is an epic wilderness draped across Southern Africa, Namibia and Botswana. Amidst this desert, you will find abundant lion prides, migrating zebra, iconic oases, shimmering salt pans, and the Okavango Delta, for this is no ordinary desert. It's a clash of nature's forces, a complex cycle of life that baffles scientists and safari-goers alike. The Kalahari is an icon of our world, a fable of mystique that offers some of Africa's finest and most intimate safari experiences.
Khutse Game Reserve – Inspiring Game Drives
Khutse Game Reserve captures the Kalahari mystique in a compact area in the south of the desert. Ecosystems collide here, the savannah rolling into the desert with the oasis provided by permanent waterholes. It's an easy safari experience, so much to see in a short game drive, making it ideal after your long international flight. A light aircraft transfers you from Gaberone International Airport, and an elegant lodge awaits for a few hours of tranquility in the Kalahari. Rest, relax, and watch the wildlife slowly wander by, then take a private afternoon game drive. Looping across the game reserve, take in dozens of mammals, including the famed giants that dominate the desert plains. The emphasis here is on an introduction, a chance to get a feel for the Kalahari, and the big game that roams the wilderness.
Day 2 - 3
Central Kalahari Game Reserve – Lost in the Epic Scale of the Kalahari Wilderness
Central Kalahari Game Reserve – People of the Kalahari
Makgadikgadi Pans National Park – The World's Largest Salt Pan
Nxai Pan National Park – Big Game Amidst the Baobabs
Day 7 - 8
Moremi Game Reserve – Exploring the Evocative Okavango Delta
Day 9 - 10
Selinda Game Reserve – The Abundant Northern Periphery of the Kalahari
Maun – Departure
- Traverse the realms of the mighty Kalahari, exploring six game reserves and national parks in 11 days
- Game drive across the phenomenal scale of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, a symbol of the desert's inspiring battle between predators and prey
- Be baffled by the enormity of the Makgadikgadi, the largest salt pan in the world, a shimmering expanse of white that's larger than Switzerland
- Find ungulate herds and hungry predators on the Nxai Pan, mammals wandering across the whiteness and past the baobab trees
- Start the adventure in the Khutse Game Reserve, a relaxed luxury introduction to the big game action
- Explore the waterways of the greatest desert oasis, traditional canoe safaris taking you through the Okavango Delta
- Discover the wildlife abundance of Moremi, a lush game reserve in the heart of the Okavango that challenges definitions of the desert
- Complete the safari in the northern periphery of the Kalahari, lounging beside rivers filled with antics of hippos and elephants
$7,805 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 305 reviews.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Evan G.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Marcia H.
Reviewed By Matthew L.
Reviewed By Kathy K.