Africa's landscapes redefine notions of escapism. They are not merely places where you simply go to escape the world; they are exotic realms that immerse you in a rhythmic beauty untouched for millennia. Combining five days of big-game Kruger action with four nights in Mozambique's Quirimbas Archipelago, this sublime safari offers a getaway into ancient worlds. Blending private reserves with an exclusive island, you escape to the bush, and then settle onto the white sandy beach.
Sabi Sands – Introductions in the Sabi Sands
The word safari comes from the Swahili language, translating into English as “journey.” It's a fitting definition of the experience to come, immediately suggesting notions of an adventure into the unknown. Yet there's more to the Swahili interpretation as the word safari means more than just the movement of travel, but also a journey of changing perspectives. Land in the Sabi Sands and both sides to the definition are immediately apparent. The landscape evocatively showcases how you've traveled into a new world; one where rhinos roam free and elephants tower above the airstrip. And the first experience on the savanna quickly helps to shift many people's perspective on Africa; this is not merely a continent to visit and experience, but one to intimately connect with.
From a giraffe elegantly wandering by to a zebra herd beside your suite, the Kruger savanna immediately invites you into a realm untouched by time. It feels like animals are everywhere, either in sight or the sounds that reverberate across the bushland. Your first luxury safari lodge overlooks the Sand River, and there are dozens of different species roaming freely on the surrounding savanna. Just sit back, sip on a welcome cocktail, and watch the procession of mammals tentatively drinking in big cat country. An afternoon game drive provides a close-up, and when dinner is served under the stars, there's a sense of making a connection that can't be found elsewhere in the world. The Sabi Sands is a short flight from Johannesburg, and a representative will assist with the transfer between planes at O. R. Tambo International.
Day 2 - 3
Sabi Sands – Big Game Encounters
Day 4 - 5
MalaMala Game Reserve – Safari in Africa's Premier Private Reserve
Vamizi Island – Flying Out to Corals and White Sand
Day 7 - 9
Vamizi Island – Sensual Private Island Escape in the Quirimbas Archipelago
Johannesburg – Departure from Africa
- Celebrate the beauty and charm of African safari with five immersive days in Kruger National Park, the escapism enhanced by staying in two private reserves
- The Sabi Sands offers an iconic introduction to safari, getting you close to all the famous animals while maintaining a supreme level of privacy and comfort
- MalaMala Game Reserve is well celebrated as Africa's premium private reserve and two days here add new safari experiences to the escape
- Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives that reveal so much more than the Big Five, like hippos in the river, hyenas, and cheetahs battling over a carcass, and a dozen ungulate species roaming in large herds
- Luxurious lodge accommodation provides all the necessary comforts without interrupting the sense of being in the wild; think swimming pools looking out onto wild rhinos and floor-to-ceiling glass windows overlooking mammals drinking from the river
- Exclusive activities like walking safaris and nighttime drives help to bring a fresh perspective on the Kruger landscape
- Settle into the rhythmic luxury of white sand and Indian Ocean colors on the private Mozambican island of Vamizi
- Take off your shoes, remove your watch, and slumber in the exclusivity of your lodge, where your idyllic villa is surrounded by forest and opens out onto the white sand
$12,735 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Rebecca H.
Reviewed By Justine A.
Reviewed By Elliot W.
Reviewed By Valerie B.
Reviewed By Rachna V.