This 13-day safari will handpick the finest camps for Zimbabwe's ultimate big game adventure and immerse all your senses as you visit Victoria Falls, Hwange, Lake Kariba, Matobo Hills and Malilangwe. Black and white rhinos march past luxury camps, lions chase the sable antelope along the river, and you will lose track of the number of elephant herds that come into view. Celebrate Zimbabwe's natural grandeur during your luxury experience.
Day 1 - 2
Victoria Falls – Legends and Fables Along the Zambezi River
With its baritone growl and misting spray, Victoria Falls captures the drama of wild Zimbabwe, and with its old-world glamour, the Stanley and Livingstone celebrates the country's charm. Tucked away in a private game reserve, it is just a short drive from the famous waterfalls, and this boutique hotel will gently ease you into the African experience. Lounge in your hot tub as zebra drink from the river below, and then sip premium wines as the enduring orange sun disappears from the sky. Listen to antelopes grazing outside your door and spend the evenings around a crackling fire. There is a colonial grandeur to the hotel that evokes a certain era and style, yet the promise of the wilderness is not interrupted, and you will quickly get acquainted with a wide collection of animals.
You will be greeted upon arrival at Victoria Falls International Airport for a short transfer to the Stanley and Livingstone. The rest of the day is at your leisure, and there are plenty of places to relax with panoramic views, including the heated plunge pool. Local guides can take you on short walks around the game reserve to slowly introducing you to the animals of Zimbabwe. As with each stop on this safari, all meals are included, and you can expect an extremely high level of quality with creative fine dining served in inspiring settings.
The next day will be all about Victoria Falls. Dependent on the river level, you can take a boat to an island next to the precipice as the rising spray and the deafening rumble hint at the spectacle's power. A self-guided walkway will lead you past numerous baboon troops and take you to beautiful lookout points. From these viewpoints, you can capture the full mile-wide sheet of water and admire how it disappears into the narrowest of canyons. For the ultimate vista, you can take a micro flight above Victoria Falls that will also reveal the distinctive landscapes of four countries: Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia.
Day 3 - 5
Hwange National Park – The Thrilling Authenticity of Big-Game Safari
Day 6 - 7
Lake Kariba – Lions and Hippos Along the Waterfront
Day 8 - 9
Matobo Hills – Black and White Rhinos
Day 10 - 12
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve – Zimbabwe's Finest Private Reserve
Harare – Departure
- Explore the wilderness of Zimbabwe at your pace with privately guided safari activities, including exclusive game walks
- Celebrate the best of Zimbabwe with a handpicked collection of the country's finest lodges and camps that feature private plunge pools that overlook the wildlife while hidden in the wilderness
- Begin your immersion in nature with nights spent along the Zambezi River and a day at Victoria Falls
- Escape onto an epic savannah with days to discover Hwange National Park, where huge elephant herds and resplendent lions are just two of the highlights
- Lounge along the shores of Lake Kariba and cast your eyes on the hippos and leopards that drink nearby
- Journey back in time at Matobo Hills, where black and white rhinos roam beneath granite boulders that are enshrouded with ancient rock art
- Complete your exclusive safari with days spent in the private Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve as wild animals roam right past your lodge
$17,064 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Alden B.