Combining four nights in each destination, this Serengeti and Selous safari experience provides a seamless mix of habitats, wildlife, activities, and experiences. Tanzania's wild rhythms are beautifully evoked in the Serengeti and Selous. One is open and expressive, a landscape of staggering wildlife density and the drama of predator versus prey. Majestic and mystical, the other is all about the surprise of an African safari. And in landscapes of such grand scale, you have a private realm that...
Arusha – Overnight Beneath Kilimanjaro
An overnight stop in Arusha is required for anyone arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport after mid-afternoon. Most flights out to the Serengeti leave in the morning, so tonight is a relaxed chance to settle into Tanzania and enjoy the first impressions of its wonders. Mount Kilimanjaro rises nearby, the snow-capped cone standing above thick swathes of green forest. Behind the airport are scorched plains, their fiery color immediately contrasting the mountain. You'll be greeted at the airport and transferred to a boutique lodge on the outskirts of Arusha, where bushbabies call from the trees, and a sweeping coffee plantation is a great place to recuperate from the journey. Dinner at the lodge is included.
Serengeti – Exquisite Aerial Arrival and First Game Drive
Serengeti – Full Day Exploring the Serengeti Grasslands
Day 4 - 5
Serengeti – Relaxed Safari and Sundowners
Selous – Lounging on the Woodland Banks of the Rufiji River
Selous – Walking Safari and an Afternoon Drifting
Day 8 - 9
Selous – Flexible Safari Program
Dar es Salaam – Departure
- Explore two of Africa's largest safari destinations, where the scale of the wilderness complements the intimate quality of the wildlife sightings
- Hear the rumbling of hooves and watch the huge herds of wildebeest and zebra as they cross the Serengeti grasslands
- Follow the big cats as they stalk their prey on the plains, with eight days of safari providing a great opportunity to see the predators on a hunt
- A 4-day Serengeti safari is all about intrepid game drives that unravel the epic wonder of the famous grasslands
- Spending four days in Selous is all about discovering the different angles, from bush walks to game drives as well as leisurely boat cruises down the river
- Lose yourself in the enormity of the Serengeti plains and immerse yourself in their ancient rhythms
- Lounge along the banks of the Rufiji River in Selous and discover a contrasting rhythm, one packed with surreal surprise
- Two exceptional camps ensure nature's spell is never broken, offering contemporary luxury while maintaining an untouched bush feel
$6,005 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Ellen M.
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Jacqueline H.
Reviewed By peter T.
Reviewed By Antia B.
Reviewed By Brent S.