Engaging and full of adventure for all ages, this 12-day family safari itinerary will showcase Africa at its finest. To cruise across Tanzania by private plane is an exceptional experience with stunning aerial impressions and incredible perspective while maximizing your family's time on safari. By private plane, you can connect some of the world's best game viewing areas. When you arrive, a young ranger itinerary will offer age-appropriate hands-on activities while also offering a flexible program...
Mount Meru – Idyllic Arrival in Tanzania
After an evening flight arrival to Kilimanjaro International, you will be transferred into the foothills of Mount Meru, where your boutique lodge is enveloped by the sights and smells of a working coffee nursery. It will be wonderfully peaceful here, with bushbabies calling from the trees and a starry sky twinkling above. Getting to Tanzania is likely to be a long journey, so these first two nights are all about relaxing and charging the batteries for the family safari to come. As with all days on the itinerary, accommodation is full board, and a variety of drinks are included.
Mount Meru – Mountain Biking and Canoeing
Day 3 - 4
Northern Serengeti – Serengeti Safari and Young Rangers Program
Day 5 - 6
Western Serengeti – Exhilarating Private Camping
Ngorongoro Crater – Game Drive in Nature's Eden
Ngorongoro Crater – A Day With a Masai Community
Day 9 - 11
Selous Game Reserve – Diverse Safari
Dar es Salaam – Departure
- Encourage your children as they participate in a specialist young ranger program to learn about wildlife and culture through hands-on activities including animal tracking and other interactive experiences
- Explore as a family and discover the beautiful authenticity of Tanzania, with varied game drives in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Selous
- Surround yourself with the great wildebeest migration by spending two nights at a private mobile camp in the heart of the Serengeti and close enough to hear the rumble of hooves
- Descend into Ngorongoro Crater and marvel at nature's great Eden, where the full Big Five can be seen on a single drive
- Immerse yourself in the mystique of Selous with a flexible 3-day program of game drives, boat safari, and walking safari with options to explore as a family or for individuals to pursue their own interests
- Discover all of the mystical scenes found in the Serengeti, from lion pride draped across Pride Rock to nomadic herds of elephants lumbering alongside tens of thousands of zebra
- Maximize your time on safari by connecting destinations in a private plane that provides incredible aerial perspective including spectacular impressions of the Serengeti plains and Ngorongoro Crater
$16,531 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Darrel P.
Reviewed By Katharine B.
Reviewed By Ellen M.
Reviewed By Linda G.
Reviewed By Kurt B.