Habitats converge in Zambia and Southern Tanzania, where the sound of the wild takes center stage, and four-legged nomads become your neighbors. Hidden destinations are completely untouched, celebrating the best of East and Southern Africa, taking you on a mystical journey through a continent and its exquisite secrets. Exploring five distinctive parks, this privately guided safari combines eclectic activities with the dreamy images hidden from the rest of the world.
Dar es Salaam – First Impressions of the Wilderness
An elephant greets you from beside the airstrip, turning its head and flapping its ears before bulldozing a path forward. Giraffes and buffalos are also nearby and you can just about photograph this strange juxtaposition of aircraft and nature. After the light aircraft flight from Dar es Salaam, you’ve landed in a rich wilderness, where the iconic frames of baobab trees dot the open plains for many miles in every direction. This is one of Africa’s real hidden games, a park that covers more than 8,000 square miles in the south of Tanzania. Every angle feels wild and untrammeled, and that’s why you are here, this opportunity to go so far away from the standard trail and become completely immersed in the rhythm of nature. Ruaha is the destination that regular safari goers return to year after year; on this first day on safari, you’ll discover why.
Day 2 - 3
Ruaha National Park – Game Drives in a Forgotten Paradise
Selous Game Reserve – Aerial Safari and Floating Down the Majestic Rufiji River
Selous Game Reserve – Discovering the Charms of Africa's Largest Game Reserve
South Luangwa National Park – The Habitats of East and Southern Africa Collide
Day 7 - 8
South Luangwa National Park – Exclusive Big-Game Safari in Africa's Hidden Gem
Day 9 - 10
North Luangwa National Park – All the Authenticity of Africa's Finest Walking Safari
Livingstone – Walking Alongside Victoria Falls
Day 12 - 13
Livingstone – Relaxed Days on the Zambezi River
Livingstone – Departure
- Explore the best of East and Southern African safari with ten days of game drives, safari walks, boat cruises, and an exceptional intimacy with the continent's four-legged giants
- Savor the luxury of premium accommodation, with handpicked lodges and camps providing the idyllic blend of nature's wonder and contemporary comfort
- Unravel the complexities of wild Africa with five very different parks and reserves, each with its own distinctive ecosystem and wildlife
- Start the safari adventure in Ruaha National Park, an epic paradise of big game that's remained off the standard tourist radar
- Discover Africa's largest game reserve – Selous – from many different angles, with boat safaris, and game walks accompanying the game drives
- Allow your senses to be captivated in South Luangwa National Park, Zambia's premier safari destination and haven for a sublime abundance of wildlife
- Take an exclusive 2-day walking safari through North Luangwa National Park, arguably the best place in Africa to explore on two legs
- Lose track of the number of big cats you spot, particularly in Ruaha and South Luangwa
- Complete the journey through Zambia with three nights along the Zambezi River, just a few miles away from the rumbling waters of Victoria Falls
- All safari activities are privately guided, and destinations are connected by light aircraft
$20,015 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
5 stars based on 14 reviews.
Reviewed By Joel R.
Reviewed By Sharise N.
Reviewed By Louann F.
Reviewed By Adam L.
Reviewed By Kara W.
Reviewed By Linda B.