Experience the majesty of East Africa’s bushveld and coastlines on this tailored 9-day tour from Ruaha National Park in Tanzania to Matemwe in Zanzibar. Discover Africa’s phenomenal Big Five, colorful birdlife, vibrant flora, and immaculate safari environments, and explore its sparkling coastal getaway destinations, sumptuous seafood restaurants, and dazzling marine life over the course of this adventure-lovers safari and seascape vacation.
Ruaha National Park - Enter East Africa’s Largest National Park
East Africa’s biggest national park, Ruaha, is the gateway to Tanzania’s safari, and you will arrive this morning after your flight and transfer from the airport. Entering the gates of the reserve, dense grasslands and rolling bushveld will seduce you, while images of East Africa’s indigenous wildlife will stretch towards the horizon. You will travel to a tented camp tucked beneath the shade of acacias and baobabs and relish your first afternoon game drive en route. From lions to leopards and elephants to rhinos, you will capture remarkable wildlife photography in Ruaha.
Ruaha National Park - Early Morning Spotlighted Safaris
Ruaha National Park - Riveting Safaris through Ruaha
Ruaha National Park - Discover Ruaha National Park at Night
Matemwe - Sensational Sunsets over the Indian Ocean
Matemwe - Explore Matemwe’s Marine Beauty
Matemwe - Peace and Quiet in the Jozani Forest
Matemwe - Exhilarating Water Sports or a Moments Peace
Matemwe - One Last Sunrise in Zanzibar
- Wander Ruaha National Park in the early hours of the morning when big cats actively hunt under the cover of the night sky and nocturnal creatures come to life across the dimly lit bushveld
- Cruise across Ruaha National Park’s rich environments to discover the fabulous creatures that inhabit its nourishing ecosystems, including elephants and hippos swimming in the rivers and wild dogs and birds of prey circling the open plains
- Discover Ruaha National Park at night on a spotlighted safari showcasing more of the nocturnal animals when they are most active within the lush reserve
- Swim in the sparkling waters of the Indian Ocean, over the colorful coral reefs veiling the seafloor spreading from the shimmering white-sand shoreline of Matemwe in Zanzibar
- Sail across the ocean, beyond the breaking waves, to prime fishing spots out at sea where you may relish a thrilling trawling experience with professional fishermen
- Slowly cruise across the shimmering ocean on a traditional wooden dhow boat and revel in sundowners while the sunset blazes across the horizon
- Peruse the dense Jozani Forest’s lush wilderness in search of fascinating flora and fauna en route to cascading waterfalls, where you may enjoy a scrumptious picnic beneath the emerald canopy
$6,079 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennie R.
Reviewed By Hamish K.
Reviewed By Varsha J.
Reviewed By Mayank G.
Reviewed By Paula Z.
Reviewed By Terry G.