Handcrafted to celebrate wildlife diversity, this two-week safari offers a very authentic journey through East African nature. You will track chimpanzees in remote Congo Basin forests, discover the Serengeti’s wildebeest herds, snorkel around Zanzibar, and safari on the majestic Ruaha savannah. This is not a classic safari itinerary to Tanzania and Kenya. The focus of this safari is on rare nature and unique wildlife, specifically of the kind that cannot be experienced outside East Africa.
Kendwa – Open Beaches and Laid-Back Hours
Kendwa is as laid-back as anywhere along the Indian Ocean. Its long white beach is backdropped by squat cliffs and indigenous forest. Dunes rise in some places, and when walking upon them, it can seem like you are on a deserted island. You can look out from your lodge to witness the Indian Ocean as it glistens blue. In fact, you can look out from anywhere in Kendwa, and there will not be much other than the ocean. Nearby Nungwe is a more popular destination in the north of Zanzibar. Kendwa’s beach is contiguous with Nungwe’s, but there are fewer resorts and far fewer people. It is a more exclusive base for exploring Zanzibar’s marine life, and after an airport transfer, today will be at your leisure. There are some local snorkeling spots that can be accessed directly from the beach.
Day 2 - 3
Kendwa – Zanzibar’s Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Highlights
Day 4 - 5
Ruaha National Park – Immersed in Untouched East African Wilderness
Day 6 - 7
Gombe National Park – Chimpanzee Encounters Along Lake Tanganyika
Day 8 - 9
Serengeti National Park – Surrounded by Wildebeest and Zebra
Day 10 - 11
Amboseli National Park – Kilimanjaro, Elephants, and Lively Waterholes
Day 12 - 13
Mount Kenya National Park – Walking With Monkeys in Volcanic Forest
Nairobi – Departure
- Track rare chimpanzee troops during two days in remote Gombe, where the mystical forest meets the shores of Lake Tanganyika
- Explore the magnificent Serengeti grasslands during a two-day safari with Africa’s largest mammal herds
- Discover vibrant Indian Ocean waters with two days of scuba diving and snorkeling around Zanzibar
- Enter the unknown and spend two days on an overland safari adventure through Ruaha, which is one of Africa’s largest and most untouched savannahs
- Traverse volcanic forests and come face to face with many different monkeys, which will be your iconic experience from Mount Kenya National Park
- Marvel as elephants walk beneath Mount Kilimanjaro and discover the drama of Amboseli’s watering holes
$8,549 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By ANURADHA K.
Reviewed By Diane D.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By David S.
Reviewed By Henry T.
Reviewed By patricia P.