From island life to big game safaris, East Africa kindles images of a unique family adventure. Over 12 days, you will lounge on beaches, come face to face with elephant herds, learn how to track animals, and meet with tribal Masai families. From recreating Lion King movie scenes to watching wildebeest gallop past you, this family safari is imbued with the intimate experiences that are possible in Zanzibar, Tanzania, and Kenya.
Dongwe – Spacious White Sand and Tropical Waters
Zanzibar is serene. Palms send their iconic shadows across the sand each morning, the indigenous forest provides a green backdrop to a white beach, and at low tide, you can wade through almost a mile of knee-deep tropical water. Even at high tide, these waters are sheltered and safe for swimming. You will experience space here, and Zanzibar is a relatively undeveloped island, especially compared to others in the Indian Ocean. Dongwe is on the island’s undeveloped Eastern Coast, which is where small resorts are spread along a beach that can never seem to end. After being met at Zanzibar’s international airport, you will be transferred to the resort for the first of four nights.
Dongwe – Time to Rest and Relax
Day 3 - 4
Dongwe – Water Sports and Wandering with Colobus Monkeys
Tarangire National Park – Face to Face With Baboons and Hippos
Tarangire National Park – Up Close With Huge Elephant Herds
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Meeting with a Masai Community
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Evocative Safari on the Crater Floor
Mara Naboisho Conservancy – Stunning Safari Flights and Into the Mara
Day 10 - 11
Mara Naboisho Conservancy – Specialist Family Safari in the Masai Mara
Nairobi – Departure
- Refresh and unwind with a four-night beachside stay on Zanzibar island
- Experience Kenya’s iconic grasslands safely during a relaxed, four-night safari in Mara Naboisho Conservancy
- Feel the wonder of an African safari on a four-day, overland adventure to three Tanzanian national parks
- Immerse yourself in a Masai community for half a day and learn about their family ways of life
- Learn about wildlife and bush survival on a kids’ safari program in Mara Naboisho
- Venture to East Africa’s forests to see unique wildlife, including Zanzibar’s rare colobus monkeys and the baboons of Lake Manyara
- Track big cats and discover the secretive lives of leopards and cheetahs in the Masai Mara
- Venture on a game drive in Ngorongoro Crater, which is a wildlife utopia that was used as a model for the Carefree Lands in the Lion King
- Lounge around the pool, sail on a traditional dhow and spend many hours on a white beach with four days in Zanzibar
$7,639 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Wijay A.
Reviewed By Nicole O.
Reviewed By Diane R.