Hooves kick up dust in the Serengeti, not just those of migratory wildebeest but also those of your own horse. Taking you deep into the wild plains, this exhilarating horse riding safari reveals the Serengeti from a new and exclusive angle. Ride with the herds, gallop across the grasslands and surround yourself with the raw wilderness. Featuring mobile camps and opulent lodges, this 9-day expedition is for intermediate or experienced riders and is available from June to November.
Arusha – Bushbabies Welcome You to Tanzania
Intriguing calls fill the evening on the outskirts of Arusha, where your lodge is engulfed by a wild forest. The shouts are from bushbabies, endearing tree climbers that create a soundtrack that keeps you guessing about their exact whereabouts. Witness Tanzania's charm as a postcard-worthy view of the country's beauty comes into perspective, with both Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro visible from the lodge in the afternoon. Located between Kilimanjaro International Airport and Arusha, Rivertrees Country Inn provides a comfortable base after the intercontinental flight. You'll be greeted at the airport, and it's just a 20-minute drive to your accommodation. Dinner is included, and there's time to wander tropical gardens that are filled with bougainvillea, hibiscus, and banana trees.
Grumeti Reserve (Serengeti) – Meeting the Horses and an Easy Ride on the Plains
Day 3 - 5
Grumeti Reserve (Serengeti) – Mobile Camps and Galloping Across the Famous Grass Plains
Grumeti Reserve (Serengeti) – Crossing the Wilderness to a Luxurious Lodge and Spa
Day 7 - 8
Grumeti Reserve (Serengeti) – Flexible Horse Riding and Game Drive Program
Grumeti Reserve to Kilimanjaro – Departure
- Lose yourself on the grasslands with a horse riding expedition that traverses endless miles of the Grumeti Reserve in the Serengeti ecosystem
- Spend three days riding between mobile camps, exploring plains that are inaccessible to vehicles
- Traverse Grumeti on route to an intimate luxury lodge where a soothing spa provides an energizing boost after five days in the saddle
- Mix exploratory horse rides and afternoon game drives for the final two days of the safari, a chance to get close to the predators you'll need to avoid when on horseback
- Ride alongside zebra and various antelope herds as well as cantering amongst large clusters of wildebeest
- Encounter giants like giraffes and elephants from horseback, gaining a new perspective on their phenomenal frames
- Experience the atmosphere of an expedition from yesteryear, the week-long journey exploring a landscape that is mostly unseen by visitors
- Fully surround yourself with the wild and explore the wonders of the Serengeti
$12,865 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By peter T.
Reviewed By Ellen M.
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Vishala R.
Reviewed By marion g.
Reviewed By Stephen B.