Trace the artistic evolution of a master whose shifting perspective changed the art world during your Picasso Anniversary tour of Spain. Follow in the artist’s footsteps, from Malaga to Galicia, Madrid to Barcelona, and Mallorca, as you witness the details that turned beautiful artwork into unforgettable masterpieces. Go behind the scenes of famous museums to view undisplayed work, find inspiration as you paint like Picasso during an art class, and enjoy the artist’s bohemian life inside one of...
Malaga - Enjoy Your Arrival in Malaga
Malaga is a classic, southern, coastal city in Spain, embodying the nickname “Costa del Sol”. Its soulful and colorful history spreads across beaches shimmering with golden sand and the history displayed in museums and art galleries exuded confidence grown from the refurbished port. Your private transfer will meet you at the airport upon your arrival and escort you to your centrally located accommodations for your first glimpse of life in the seaside city.
Energetic with life, the food culture combines traditional fishers’ shacks with Michelin-starred restaurants, local wine intertwines with a heritage of creativity, while Roman ruins overlook Moorish architecture. For an introduction to Malaga, you can visit Picasso’s birthplace at Casa Natal Picasso.
The house in Plaza de la Merced stands between the Roman Theater and Gibralfaro Castle, with the impressive history looming large over the neighborhood. The first floor features works by Jose Ruiz Blasco, Picasso’s father, offering a glimpse into the personal life and influences of the painter from a young age, leading to the family mementos and a third-floor library with aged leather-bound books, papers, and archive material of Picasso’s work and life.
In the evening, you can visit a famous wine and tapas restaurant to enjoy traditional cuisine using local, seasonal ingredients inside an 18th-century mansion. Musicians may play through the night, adding to the ambiance, as you find Picasso’s signature decorating one of the wine barrels lining the wall.
Malaga - Experience Picasso’s Early Life
Galicia - Walk the Timeline of Teenage Picasso
Galicia - Explore Behind the Scenes
Madrid - Transfer to Spain’s Capital
Madrid - Discover Picasso’s Madrid
Madrid - See Where History and Art Combine
Barcelona - Visit the Periods of Picasso’s Life
Barcelona - Behind the Scenes Tour in Barcelona
Barcelona - Depart for Home or Continue to Mallorca
Mallorca - Explore Picasso and Miró’s Friendship
Mallorca - Depart for Home
- Visit the childhood home of Picasso in his birth city of Malaga
- Guided by Picasso specialists, go behind the scenes of two notable museums to see undisplayed works by the artist
- Witness the grand scale and impressive design of “Guernica”, one of Picasso’s most notable works, in the Reina Sofía Museum
- Enjoy the gorgeous panoramic view of the Galician coastline during a boat tour mirroring Picasso’s journey from Malaga to Galicia as a child
- Discover the techniques and implementation of Picasso’s artistry during a painting lesson as you craft your own work inspired by the artist
- Delight in the option of taking a Civil War hike in the mountains outside of Madrid to view the trails, bunkers, and remaining ephemera from the war
$4,999 per person (excluding international flights)
- Accommodations for two adults staying in standard double rooms, 4-star hotels with breakfast included, and inclusions as per your itinerary for Day 1-9 are $4,999.00 per person. The optional Mallorca trip extension is not included in this starting price
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.81 stars based on 74 reviews.
Reviewed By Emily W.
Reviewed By Astrid M.
Reviewed By Dan A.
Reviewed By Michelle A.
Reviewed By Jenny P.
Reviewed By Amy B.