Exclusive and enchanting, this is a safari of East Africa’s new primate experiences. Intimate encounters with legendary primates have evolved as you may now become part of the habituation process as you engage with the incredible wildlife. Spend hours with researchers alongside a troop of semi-habituated gorillas, as well as a day with chimpanzees as part of your safari adventure. Explore a new national park, encounter more than a dozen species, visit a previously unknown chimpanzee troop,...
Kigali – Culture and History in the Rwandan Capital
Rwanda’s capital is full of surprise and charm, always lingering long in the memory. Markets are laden with an atmosphere as fresh as the fruit that fills the stalls while the cleanliness is remarkable, far exceeding almost any city in the world. Locals are keen to share stories, and an old French influence is seen in the cafes. You are greeted at the airport and have a private guide for the day who can customize a tour to your interests. The National Genocide Centre provides essential viewing for an understanding of the context in the lead up to the events of 1994. More personal and moving is the Nyamata Church Memorial, a building left untouched, stacked full of bones and bloodied rags. There is also the modern face of Kigali to explore, like cocktails around a pool and a couple of outstanding restaurants for the evening.
Gishwati-Mukuru National Park – Monkeys of East Africa’s Newest National Park
Volcanoes National Park – New and Exclusive Chimpanzee Trekking
Volcanoes National Park – Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Weaving Through the Rural Landscapes
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – New Gorilla Habituation Experience
Kibale Forest National Park – More Monkeys and Mangabeys
Kibale Forest National Park – Joining the Researchers
Entebbe – Departure
- Engage with a recently habituated chimpanzee troop in the Gishwati Forest as you spend time with primates who have only been seen by visitors since 2017
- Absorb the charms of Rwandan gorilla trekking for the iconic East African experience in Volcanoes National Park
- Become part of the research as you participate in the new and exclusive gorilla habituation experience, spending up to four hours with researchers alongside a wild mountain gorilla troop
- Spend a full day with a troop of semi-habituated chimpanzees in Kibale Forest for an exclusive opportunity to fully understand the behavioral range of the primates
- Discover East Africa’s newest national park, Gishwati-Mukura, an untrammeled haven for a full range of unusual monkey species
- Celebrate the diversity of East Africa’s primates as you encounter more than a dozen species as each of the national parks have their special unique wildlife
- View Rwanda through the stories of its people and tales of a vibrant
$7,951 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.82 stars based on
Reviewed By Darrel P.
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By Dennis H.
Reviewed By David S.
Reviewed By rachel c.
Reviewed By Jill L.