As one of the largest countries in South America, Peru is an all-encompassing land, and this 8-day tour ensures that the country's unparalleled natural beauty, rich culture, and iconic heritage are yours to enjoy. From the shores of the Pacific to the towering heights of the Andes, a variety of explorations will provide you with a balanced approach to uncovering Peru's many treasures.
Lima – Gateway to Peru
From the depths of the coastal lowlands to the heights of the towering Andes and from the arid deserts to the steaming Amazon rainforests, Peru is a land of refreshing contradictions. Greeting you on your first day, the shining capital of Lima will welcome you and act as your gateway to the more intimate adventures waiting for you. A transfer will meet you at the airport and ensure your timely arrival at your accommodation. Here, you will have the remainder of the day to spend at your leisure.
Cusco – Exploring an Incan Capital
Cusco – Exploring the Sacred Valley
Maras-Moray – Hidden Treasures of the Andes
Aguas Calientes – The Footsteps of the Inca
Cusco – The Hilltop Beauty of Machu Picchu
Cusco – In Search of Rainbow Mountains
Cusco – A Reluctant Departure
- Survey the high-altitude landscape of the Andes from the impressive fortifications at Sacsayhuaman, where the illustrious history of Inca civilization is on display
- Plunge into the brilliant culture of Cusco during a walking tour of the city center and marvel at the Spanish facades that stand shoulder to shoulder with robust monuments
- Acquaint yourself with the sure-footed style of the alpaca at Ahuanacancha, where South America's only domesticated animal can be observed
- Feel the wind in your hair on a mountain biking expedition to Moray to see the ruins of an ancient civilization from the vantage point of a bicycle
- Take a turn for the salty with a trip to the spring-fed salt flats, where the local inhabitants have been harvesting this precious mineral for centuries
- Walk in the steps of the Inca on a trek to the ruins of Winay Wayna, the auspicious Sun Gate, and the majestic ruins of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy a thorough visit to the ruins of Machu Picchu, where a local guide will ensure that no question goes unanswered at this UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the mineral-lined slopes of the Rainbow mountains and see how this impressive geologic terrain earned its unique name
$3,379 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.98 stars based on 93 reviews.
Reviewed By Beth D.
Reviewed By Andrew K.
Reviewed By Kelly M.
Reviewed By David B.
Reviewed By Jen F.
Reviewed By pinky a.