With deserts, jungles, mountains, and coastlines, Peru presents a paradise of ecological diversity throughout this 10-day tour of the Amazon and Andes. This carefully curated vacation has been designed to provide an up-close and personal glimpse at this stunning nation. This adventure also gives you access to many unique opportunities for an unforgettable trip in addition to housing you in some of the most comfortable accommodations in the country.
Lima – The Land of the Inca
Tucked on the western coast of South America, Peru provides an exotic world through which visitors can explore the country's culture and natural beauty. From the lofty heights of the Andes and the depths of the Sacred Valley to the steaming jungle of the Amazon, Peru will present you with unparalleled ecological diversity. Upon your arrival to the country's capital city, a transfer will meet and drive you to your nearby hotel in the heart of Lima.
Tambopata Research Center – An Amazonian Introduction
Tambopata Research Center – The Peruvian Rainforest
Tambopata Research Center – Peru's Biodiversity
Cusco – An Inca Orientation at 11,000 Feet
The Sacred Valley – Secrets of the Urubamba
Sacred Valley – Hidden Gems of the Incas
Aguas Calientes – Peru's Early Inhabitants
Cusco – The Hilltop Ruins
Cusco – Departure
- Amble through the neighborhoods of the ancient Inca capital of Cusco and witness the sites that earned it a UNESCO World Heritage listing in 1983
- Witness the impressive ruins of Sacsayhuaman, where an Inca fortress once defended the region from insurgents and now stands as a testament to the Inca's engineering prowess
- Enjoy an evening walking tour of the Amazon rainforest to witness the abundant biodiversity of the region
- Walk in the footsteps of the Inca on an active trek to the hilltop ruins of Machu Picchu to enjoy ruins that have been overgrown by jungle and stunning overlooks of the Urubamba River
- Embark on a guided bird-watching excursion in the Amazon to view colorful macaws, muscovy ducks, and hoatzin
- Feel the wind in your hair during a mountain biking adventure of the Andean ruins at Moray, which will provide a bit of high-altitude exercise
- Observe the winding path of the Urubamba River when basking in the stunning vistas and thrilling trails along the slopes of Machu Picchu Mountain
- Bask in the warm hospitality of Aguas Calientes to enjoy luxurious spas and tasty restaurants
- Embark on a guided tour of the ruins, temples, and halls of the archaeological site of Machu Picchu where the advances of the Incan civilization are on full display
$2,855 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.98 stars based on
Reviewed By jim d.
Reviewed By Rochelle C.
Reviewed By Linda M.
Reviewed By Jessica V.
Reviewed By Monique L.
Reviewed By Beth D.