Embrace gentle seaspray and snowcapped peaks during your 11-day ultimate New Zealand luxury tour. Five-star accommodations will immerse you in secluded destinations and extreme comfort as you discover Maori culture and witness some of the North and South islands’ tallest peaks. Cross through dramatic alpine scenery on a scenic train and witness inspiring volcanic formations. Rippling lakes, marvelous coastlines, and natural thermal springs will highlight New Zealand’s unique majesty.
Auckland - Arrive in Auckland, New Zealand
Land in Auckland, New Zealand and immediately see the mass of boats lingering in the harbors. They sway in the calm water. As they traverse the ocean, the sails puff and catch the breeze, pulling the boats along the coast, and decorating the ocean with layers of sails gliding in all directions. This is a testament to Auckland’s name, “City of Sails.” The Sky Tower stands above the city’s skyline, the tallest free-standing building in the Southern Hemisphere, which adds an exceptional height and color to the city’s skyline at night.
Begin your journey in New Zealand at Sky Tower, which boasts incredible views of the city. The coast spans the entire horizon, spotted with islands, sailing boats, and people strolling along the harbors’ walkways. You can almost smell the sea from the expansive observation deck, located on the tallest structure in New Zealand and the Southern Hemisphere. For a unique dining experience, you can visit the Sugar Club, which is located on the 53rd floor of Sky Tower and overlooks the city in its entirety. The view elevates the flavor of the Kumara Miso Tortellini, which is tender, packed with umami, and accompanied with earthy pickled beet, toasted seaweed, and mostarda.
Auckland - Explore the Exciting City of Auckland
Rotorua - Transfer from Auckland to Rotorua, New Zealand’s Cultural Capital
Rotorua - Experience the Tree Top Lodge and Rotorua’s Vibrant Culture
Rotorua - Venture in and around the Stunning Landscapes of Rotorua
Christchurch - Fly from Rotorua to Christchurch
Christchurch - Visit Christchurch and the Surrounding Canterbury Region
Christchurch - Transfer from Christchurch to Queenstown
Queenstown - Explore Remarkable Queenstown
Queenstown - Experience Queenstown’s Gorgeous Surroundings
Queenstown - Depart Queenstown and Head Home
- Indulge in the luxuries and comforts of award-winning, 5-star accommodation offering personalized service, attention to immaculate details, and sensational panoramas
- Experience the diversity of Maori Culture in Rotorua showcasing the heritage of war canoes, the traditional importance of Tā moko tattoos, and the sounds of iconic songs
- Venture to the top of the tallest free-standing structure in the Southern Hemisphere reaching more than 1,075 feet high
- Discover the pristine beauty of New Zealand’s highest peaks and untouched waterways, and majestic fjords hidden in the fascinating Southern Alps
- Hike one of the best trails in the world along the Tongariro Alpine Crossing for dramatic insight into the inspiring scenery of the unique volcanic landforms
- Relish the exhilarating speed and fascinating scenery of a Jet Boat excursion around Otago’s stunning coastlines, rippling lakes, and picturesque rivers
- Delight in the immersive, luxurious warmth of New Zealand’s natural spa experiences in Rotorua filled with thermal vents, steam, and revitalizing ecological minerals
- Enjoy an exhilarating and scenic adventure around the waters of Auckland New Zealand’s “City of Sails,” on a yacht used in America’s Cup
Traverse New Zealand’s waterways and treetops under, over, and every way in between on this 11-day journey through the North and South Islands. Whether in cold sporting months of the winter or the warm leisure months of the summer, New Zealand vacations are always the right choice, with an abundance of sites to see, activities to do, and wealth of culture and flavors to experience. The lap of luxury on both the North and South Island is comfortable, inviting, and always ready for you.
Begin your expedition to New Zealand in Auckland. The city boasts an eclectic culture, including the largest Polynesian population outside of the Polynesian Islands. Whether viewing the skyline from the shore or the shore from the skyline, Auckland is a wondrous sight to see and a fabulous city to experience. Continue on to Rotorua where along the way the Waitomo Caves glow bright in the subterranean darkness. Rotorua presents to you the culture of the Maori people, the warmth of natural hot springs, and the lavishness of a luxury ecolodge. Wander the land or the museums and feel that the city has offered itself to you in every way imaginable.
Fly to the South Island and land in the “Garden City” of Christchurch to see the serene and subtle beauty of the city and the South Island. Whether experiencing the flair of its locals, viewing the panorama of the city from atop the tram’s edge, or floating down the Avon River, the fantastic city of Christchurch will never let you down. Continue your journey in Queenstown where the surrounding landscapes are just as breathtaking as the city itself. Wander the alpine streets, ride the gondola to Bob’s Peak, kayak along Lake Wakatipu, and venture to the breathtaking Milford Sound and wondrous Central Otago. Traveling through New Zealand’s waterways and treetops will be the best way to see the country’s majesty, which is an opportunity not to be missed.
$10,005 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By JOSEPH J.
Reviewed By Judy l.
Reviewed By Jana C.
Reviewed By Tim F.
Reviewed By Janet H.
Reviewed By Luz N.