Japan is steeped in history and boasts a tapestry of cultural experiences for you to immerse yourself in on this extravagant 14-day tour leading from Tokyo to Kyoto. Between visiting these iconic cities to have your senses dazzled and gaining a deeper understanding of rural Japanese traditions and customs in Shirakawa-go, this vacation will be both beautiful and educationally rewarding.
Tokyo - Self-Guided Sightseeing in Japan
Tokyo is a humming destination flooded with locals and foreigners who adore the futuristic cityscape and its fascinating collection of cultural landmarks. You will soon touch down here, finding yourself engulfed by the monstrous buildings that rise to meet the clouds. The enormous capital is a feat of modern architecture, sprawling in all directions endlessly. You will be taken to your accommodation, where you may unpack your things before taking to the Tokyo streets for an evening of self-guided sightseeing.
Tokyo - Wandering to Wonders in Tokyo’s Neighborhoods
Tokyo - Resort Retreat in Kamakura
Tokyo - Magic beyond Tokyo’s Cityscape
Kanazawa - A Peaceful Afternoon in the Japanese Countryside
Kanazawa - Picture-Perfect Greenery in the Kenrokuen Garden
Kanazawa - A Taste of Rural Japan
Kyoto - The Art of Japanese Tea
Kyoto - Deep Discovery of Kyoto’s Surroundings
Kyoto - The Blue Dragon Festival
Kyoto - Traditional Cooking and Zazen Meditation
Kyoto - Escape to Nara
Tokyo - Ticking Off Many More Experiences
Tokyo - Snapping Up Some Final Scenes
- Discover the distinctions between Tokyo’s multifaceted cultural districts as you tour through Harajuku and Akihabara, en route to cultural landmarks including the Meiji Shrine and Tsukiji Outer Fish Market
- Retreat to the resort town of Kamakura, and enjoy panoramic views of the Enoshima island as well as the opportunity to delve into Japan’s shogunate history
- Admire the illustrious lawns of the Kenrokuen Garden, smell the parks fragrant flowers, and wallow in the serenity of this glorious wildlife haven located in Kanazawa
- Indulge in a selection of exceptionally brewed teas prepared at an authentic Japanese tea house by a local master tea artist
- Uncover the many marvels of Kyoto as you tour spirited districts, including Gion and Higashiyama, as well as sacred heritage sites such as the Manga Museum and Kinkaku-Ji temple
- Partake in the majestic Blue Dragon Festival hosted at the Kiyomizudera temple, a historic cultural performance sharing a glimpse into ancient Japan
- Delight in the opportunity to curate Japanese cuisine as you are hosted by a professional chef in a cooking school in Kyoto and practice the art of Zazen meditation alongside Buddhist priests
- Tour the imperial first capital of Japan, Nara, and witness the remarkable spiritual and royal complexes dotting its emerald hillside
$7,779 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Susann A.
Reviewed By Amy A.
Reviewed By Brenda P.
Reviewed By Felicia T.
Reviewed By Olivia A.
Reviewed By Felicia T.