From the dazzling neon-lit, skyscraping cityscape of Tokyo to the deeply-rooted cultural highlights peppering the forests of Kyoto, explore the best that Japan has to offer on this tailored 9-day tour. Along the way, scenes of the sprawling unspoiled countryside and tastes of world-famous Japanese delicacies will be yours to enjoy as you spend time in a country rich with heritage.
Tokyo - The Future of Japan
Approaching Japan, you will catch a glimpse of Tokyo’s soaring skyline from your airplane window. Light from above the clouds will flood the landscape, dancing off of the city’s palatial skyscrapers and shimmering off of their neon-lit facades. This modern metropolitan is both a vision of the future and a window into the past, showcasing sophisticated technological advancements and traditional heritage sites across its eclectic districts. You will meet your private transfer at the airport and venture into the heart of Tokyo, where you will spend an evening adjusting to its exuberant energy.
Kanazawa - Fragrant Flower Fields and Colorful Geisha Districts
Shirakawa-go - A Vision of the Past
Osaka - Extravagance in the Precious Port City
Koyasan - Timeless Spiritual Temple of Japan
Kyoto - Welcome to the Imperial Capital
Kyoto - Tea Ceremonies and Terrific Tours
Tokyo - Robots from the Future
Tokyo - Last Chance to See Tokyo
- Spend a day exploring Tokyo to your heart's content, getting lost in the exuberant and lively atmosphere that sweeps the futuristic cityscape and its historic heritage destinations
- Retreat to the Japanese countryside and adore memories made alongside the fragrant flower fields and colorful geisha districts of Kanazawa
- Unravel the carpentry roots of rural Japan as you explore the meticulous crafts and artisanal creations housed in historic sites peppering Takayama
- Relish a deep foodie and cultural discovery of Japan’s vibrant Osaka city, a destination overflowing with coveted eateries and elaborate experiences to enjoy on a guided tour
- Immerse yourself in ancient Japanese spirituality as you tour to the remarkable Koyasan temple complex, which is made up of many architectural marvels and sacred sites
- Savor the tantalizing blends served by a local tea artist in Kyoto during a spiritual tea ceremony enveloped in the fragrant aromas of the artisanal brews
- From the Nishiki Market to the Kimono Museum, explore more of Kyoto’s distinct heritage highlights on an absorbing guided tour of the forested region
- Be dazzled by a one of a kind sensory experience in Tokyo as you watch a flamboyant and colorful Robot Show spotlighting the extraordinary mechanical skills of Japan’s leading scientists
$4,972 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.82 stars based on 51 reviews.
Reviewed By Olivia A.
Reviewed By John C.
Reviewed By Carol D.
Reviewed By Shelley K.
Reviewed By MONIQUE C.
Reviewed By Srinivas B.