Tokyo is a city that never sleeps, Yudanaka Onsen is a region dressed in powdery snow, and Kyoto is made up of traditional districts reflecting old-world Japan. These destinations are but a few of the remarkable places you will uncover Japanese culture, appreciate the country’s history, and tuck into its gorgeous cuisine during this handcrafted 18-day tour to the buzzing cities and far-flung rural towns.
Tokyo - A City of Many Faces
Tokyo is a city of many faces, equal parts modern and sophisticated, while traditional and antiquated. From enormous skyscrapers that reach towards the heavens to rural wooden homes stationed in historic neighborhoods, the cityscape is a window that you may peer through to see Japan’s distinct blend of the old and the new. You will meet your private transfer at the international airport and head for your accommodation, capturing these remarkable sights for the first time along the way and acclimating to the energetic atmosphere after checking in.
Tokyo - Japan’s Culture and Spirit
Tokyo - Museums, Markets, and Sumo
Tokyo - The Thrill of Tokyo Disneyland
Yudanaka Onsen - Monkeys Bathing in Hot Springs
Kanazawa - Peace amongst the Green in the Kenroku-en Garden
Shirakawa-go - The Beauty of Rural Japan
Takayama - Meticulous Craftsmanship of Japan’s Carpenters
Matsumoto - The Marks of Feudal Japan
Kyoto - A Touch of Another Time
Kyoto - Spiritual Significance Sprinkling the Forests
Kyoto - Dreamy Walks through the Bamboo Grove
Kyoto - Remnants of an Imperial Era
Kyoto - Osaka’s Culinary Arts
Kyoto - Marvelous Marbled Wagyu Beef
Hakone - A Peaceful Hot Spring Retreat
Tokyo - Simple Pleasures in the Capital
Tokyo - Gone with Greater Cultural Understanding
- Marvel at Tokyo’s magnificent cultural landmarks, including the impressive Meiji Shinto Shrine and Senso-Ji Temple, on an immersive spiritual tour of the city
- Let the thrills of Tokyo Disneyland take you back to your childhood as you and your family relish a day absorbed by the park’s magical atmosphere
- Witness troops of monkeys bathing in the warm waters of the snow-flanked hot springs of Yudanaka Onsen in the Jigokudani Monkey Park
- Appreciate a peaceful day exploring the picturesque parks of the Kenroku-en Garden, composed of tranquil ponds and blooming flower fields
- Gaze upon a mark of feudal Japan imprinted in the city of Matsumoto as you visit the city’s age-old castle standing mightily on a hill overlooking the cityscape
- Learn more about Zen Buddhism and Japanese spiritual beliefs as you tour many of Kyoto’s magnificent temples, including the golden Kinkaku-Ji Temple and the orange gates of the Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Stroll through one of the world’s most mesmerizing bamboo groves, Arashiyama, a spectacular display of nature’s might when left unspoiled by the intervention of man
- Traceback Japanese noble history dating back to 710 as you admire the age-old aristocratic remnants and sacred sculptures of Nara’s former rulers
- Explore the world of Japanese cuisine on a delicious taste tour of Osaka’s decadent restaurants and long-established eateries, as well as tucking into authentic wagyu beef in Kobe
- Refresh your mind and body within the balmy waters of the spectacular Hakone hot springs, flooding the forests beneath the snowy summit of Mount Fuji
$10,057 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Felicia T.
Reviewed By Susann A.
Reviewed By Amy A.
Reviewed By Olivia A.
Reviewed By Brenda P.
Reviewed By Shelley K.