From cityscapes that shimmer brightly throughout the day and night to towns that have been imbued with history and tradition, Japan’s bewildering blend of antiquity and modernity is revealed during this curated 12-day tour of Tokyo and Kyoto. Every step of the way and every minute will prove to be picturesque and culturally rewarding, bringing you closer to the heart of Japan than you could have ever imagined.
Tokyo - First Steps in Japan
Drenched in memories of the past and enveloped in visions of the future, Tokyo will impress you from the moment you arrive in its always-on-the-go city. Its skyline is soaring and riddled with LED screens that project colorful graphics from bustling streets, its hotels provide a blend of opulent splendor and boutique charm, and its back alleys are laden with enchanting eateries. You will be blown away by the staggering mix of tradition and modernity within minutes of exploring Tokyo.
Tokyo - Culture and Colorful Sights
Tokyo - Free Time in Tokyo
Takayama - Breathtaking Train Ride
Takayama - Off the Beaten Path on a Bicycle
Kyoto - History in a Spectacular Setting
Kyoto - Enlightening Spiritual Discoveries
Kyoto - Japanese Tea and Cuisine
Kameoka - Life Among the Locals
Tokyo - Postcard-Perfect Parks
Tokyo - The Culinary Culture of Japan
Tokyo - Departure
- Wallow in the blended city highlights of Tokyo from the spiritual district of Asakusa to the colorful neighborhood of Harajuku
- Escape the dazzling city to the quieter and more tranquil mountain town of Takayama on a train that shares scenes of Japan’s breathtaking countryside
- Slowly cycle your way around the town of Takayama and uncover the unspoiled wilderness scenery and the culture that emanates from its sacred shrines
- Retreat to Japan’s beloved city of Kyoto and tour its phenomenal heritage sites such as the Higashiyama Ward, Kimono Museum, and Kyoto International Manga Museum Kyoto
- Discover the spiritual sanctuaries that cover Southern Kyoto on a leisurely cycling tour to these sacred and decorated complexes
- Learn more about the hallowed art of making Japanese tea during a ceremony led by a master tea artist in the quiet districts of Kyoto
- Delight in the sumptuous flavors of Japanese cuisine on guided taste tours and a private culinary class
- Live like a local and spend an evening being hosted by a resident in Kameoka, during which you will more about Japan's culture and traditions
$6,631 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Felicia T.
Reviewed By Kathleen K.
Reviewed By Amy A.
Reviewed By Olivia A.
Reviewed By Brenda P.
Reviewed By Susann A.