Discover Japan’s beloved cities on this exquisite 14-day vacation. Enjoy the country’s culture and heritage as you visit iconic landmarks poised in breathtaking destinations along the way. From the buzzing skyline of Tokyo to the spirited streets of Osaka and the Zen Buddhist temples of Kyoto to the immaculately landscaped gardens of Kanazawa, uncover the authenticity of Japanese culture.
Tokyo - Japanese History between Cloud-Scraping Buildings
Upon arriving in Japan, you will enjoy a leisurely ride to the thrumming cityscape of Tokyo. The skyline scrapes the clouds as streets burst to life with a buzzing atmosphere that swoops you away the minute you stroll out the front door of your accommodation. Weave through the spirited districts that drip with history to destinations doused in iconic cultural landmarks, and you will be besotted with the deep Japanese culture that holds between the cyber-futurist buildings and modern constructs that pepper the sprawling metropolis.
Tokyo - Culinary Culture and Spiritual Shrines
Tokyo - Beyond Borders to Kamakura
Hakone - Beautiful Tradition
Osaka - A Divine Dinner in a Dazzling Japanese City
Osaka - Distinct Discoveries across this Lively Destination
Kyoto - Geisha Heritage in the Gion District
Kyoto - Astonishing Zen Buddhist and Shinto Finds
Kyoto - Near Perfect Historical Gems in Nara
Kyoto - Learn the Art of Japanese Cuisine
Kyoto - The Dramatic History and Honored Beauty of Hiroshima
Kanazawa - The Pursuit of Peace
Kanazawa - Moments of Serenity in the Kenroku-en Garden
Kanazawa - Farewell, Japan
- Indulge in the culinary culture and swoon over the significant spiritual sites peppering Tokyo’s dazzling skyline
- Escape to the sleepy coastal town of Kamakura to capture scenes of the towering bronze Daibutsu, or Big Buddha
- Glide across the tranquil waters of Lake Ashi or wallow in the thermal hot springs in Hakone
- Guide your taste buds through the nuances of Japanese cuisine on a night food tour in Osaka and marvel at the staggering highlights including Osaka Castle and Minoo Park
- Unravel the history of the Geisha District, Gion, on a guided tour through Kyoto’s colorful neighborhoods
- Explore Kyoto’s spiritual heritage on a guided tour from Kinkaku-Ji temple to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine
- Retreat to the dreamy former capital of Japan, Nara, to discover its age-old history in decorated shrines and monuments sprawling across its skyline
- Expand your culinary horizons as you learn the art of Japanese cuisine under the guidance of a professional chef at a delightful cooking school
- Traceback the dramatic history of Hiroshima in venerated museums and appreciate its breathtaking surroundings on a tour of Shukkei-en Gardens and Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island
- Relish moments of serenity beneath the pink cherry blossoms speckling the manicured lawns of Kenroku-en Garden in Kanazawa
$7,737 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.76 stars based on 298 reviews.
Reviewed By Denise B.
Reviewed By Chuck M.
Reviewed By Judith G.
Reviewed By Taylor W.
Reviewed By Neil P.
Reviewed By Evan K.