Unbridled beauty veils Italy and its awe-inspiring countryside and spectacular coastline, scenes that will backdrop your educational exploration during this extensive 17-day tour from Venice to Rome. Whether it's the sprawling glimmering waters of Lake Como or the romantic skyline of Verona, Italy will dazzle and seduce you as you delve into its spirited culture and honored history along the journey.
Venice - Floating on the Adriatic Sea
In Venice, scenes of gondolas gracefully gliding up and down sparkling canals will seduce you and images of grand piazzas swamped in golden sunshine are a sight to swoon over. This waterway city captures the elegance of Italy from its antique architecture to its historic churches. You will meet your private transfer at the international airport and settle into your accommodation overlooking the breathtaking expanse of skyline floating on the gentle waters of a lagoon in the Adriatic Sea.
Venice - The Grandeur of Roman Catholic Churches
Venice - The Magnificent and Bright Islands of Murano and Burano
Lake Como - Romance in the Aristocratic City of Verona
Lake Como - The Natural Beauty of Bellagio and Villa Melzi
Lake Como - The Artistic Eminence of Como and Brunate
Milan - Modern Magic in Milan
Milan - The Mesmerizing Work of Leonardo da Vinci
Portovenere - The Colorful Embrace of Cinque Terre
Portovenere - Nostalgia for the Old World
Florence - Flavorful Explorations En Route to Florence
Florence - Stirring Art Masterpieces of Accademia and Uffizi
Florence - Into the Evergreen Valley of Chianti
Rome - Full-on Flavor in Florence
Rome - The Grand Stage of Ancient Rome
Rome - The Roots of Catholicism
Rome - A Token to Remember Italy By
- Glide on gondolas along the glimmering canals of Venice to marvel at the fabled landmarks such as Doge’s Palace & St. Mark’s Basilica, as well as savor sips of prestigious Venetian wines
- Discover the history-steeped islands of Venice including Murano and Burano, where 13th-century glassmaking forms the backbone of present craft and fishing underpins an incredible seafood culinary culture respectively
- Let the romantic stories of Romeo and Juliet dazzle you as you explore Verona’s charming cityscape, from its endearing balconies to the stone lace structures of the “Arche” of the Della Scala family in Verona
- Cruise peacefully across the glittering waters of Lake Como to uncover the astonishing Romanesque architecture dominating Bellagio and the idyllic natural paradise of Villa Melzi
- Submerge yourself in the works of Leonardo da Vinci as you tour to the Casa Degli Atellani and Leonardo’s Vineyards, as well as venerate his emblematic masterpiece, The Last Supper
- Explore the greater Cinque Terre as you stroll from fishing village to fishing village, absorbing the vivid old-world atmosphere that blankets these spectacularly colorful historic destinations
- Unravel the art and culture heritage on which Florence is founded as you marvel at mesmerizing galleries, including Accademia Gallery and Uffizi Gallery, as well as relish a ravishing food tour across the city
- Escape to the evergreen gardens of the Chianti countryside and sip on sumptuous glasses of wine at an elite estate overlooking the rolling vineyards
- Stand beneath the Colosseum’s grand ancient stage as you tour the underground complex gladiators once stood within on a richly rewarding historical tour continuing to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Cherish the captivating artistic displays housed in the sanctified complexes of the Vatican City, from the Sistine Chapel to Saint Peter’s Basilica
$6,081 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Pamela W.
Reviewed By Andrea J.
Reviewed By Nancy C.
Reviewed By Barry N.
Reviewed By Chris H.
Reviewed By Luke V.