The perfect balance of leisure and adventure is available on this 21-day tour of Italy. With destinations, such as Venice and Bologna, you will get a sound introduction to Italy's urban charm that can then be compared to the rustic countryside of Tuscany and the Costa Smeralda. No matter your preference, by the tour's end, you will be well acquainted with the culture and history of this unique Mediterranean world.
Venice – Arrive in the City of Canals
Situated along the windswept shores of the Adriatic, Venice beckons visitors like a light in a storm. The opening leg of your 20-day Italian adventure will start in this city of canals. Here, watery roads carry tourists and locals through a serene setting of picturesque neighborhoods. After landing at the nearby Marco Polo international airport, a private transfer will ensure your smooth arrival at your comfortable accommodations before concluding your day with a charming cruise on an authentic Venetian gondola.
Venice – In the Footsteps of Royalty
Venice – Explore at Your Own Pace
Bologna – Eating Your Way
Bologna – A Self-Guided Day
Cinque Terre – Into the Five Lands
Cinque Terre – Scenic Coastal Voyage
Siena – Visiting a Hilltop Town
Siena – Truffle Hunting
Siena – A Day at your Leisure
Siena – Your Final Day in Tuscany
Sorrento – The Heart of Campania
Sorrento – Tour of the Amalfi Coast
Sorrento – Pearl of the Mediterranean
Costa Smeralda – Venturing Off the Grid
Costa Smeralda – Along the Emerald Coast
Costa Smeralda – Leisurely Day in Sardinia
Costa Smeralda – Exploring as you Please
Rome – A Private Visit to the Vatican
Rome – Pondering the Past
Rome – Departure
- Stroll along the windswept waterfront of Venice and take in the stunning Adriatic views
- Eat your way across Bologna on a walking tour through the city's savory culinary scene
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Cinque Terre, where dirt paths were once the only highways that linked these colorful villages
- Take to the waves on a scenic voyage past terraced gardens wreathed with Bougainvillea and pastel villages that cascade into the sea
- Enjoy the Tuscan charm of Siena, where the unbuilt remains of a vast cathedral still speak to an illustrious past
- Hunt through an Italian woodland in search of the illusive truffles that lurk just beneath your feet
- Wrap up your stay in Tuscany with plenty of time to yourself to relax or adventure through this rustic land
- Walk in the footsteps of emperors on a tour of Amalfi, where scenic panoramas await just around the next corner
- Enjoy an island-hopping tour through Sardinia's Maddalena archipelago, where crystal-clear water competes with white granite in brilliance
- Conclude your Italian tour with a memorable visit to the country's capital to dive into Rome's alluring past
$16,375 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.79 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael C.
Reviewed By Doug H.
Reviewed By Amy A.
Reviewed By Derrell H.
Reviewed By Donald W.
Reviewed By Alex T.