Bring the Renaissance alive and embrace the ingenuity of the world's best artists and innovators with a custom-tailored tour of Italy that celebrates the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci's death. Renaissance experts will guide you on your private tours of celebratory exhibitions while luxury accommodations will immerse you in the luster of Milan, Florence, Vinci, and Rome as you follow in the footsteps of the renowned master. Trace the origins of Leonardo's genius that characterizes his...
Milan – Arrive in Milan with an Introductory da Vinci Tour
Milan is a city of fashion and influence, rich in cultural heritage and prestige as reflected in the artistic majesty of the Duomo, the alluring sounds of the famous composer Verdi, and the captivating works of Leonardo da Vinci. Your private transfer will greet you upon your arrival at Malpensa International Airport and escort you to your luxurious hotel located in the heart of Milan. The streets bustle with activity and are beautiful with the elegant architecture set on foundations that were laid by Romans and later decorated with art deco and rationalist 20th-century architecture set beneath the futuristic skyline.
After you have a chance to settle into the comforts of your accommodation, your guide will greet you in the hotel lobby eager to introduce you to the marvels of Milan. You will begin with Castello Sforzesco, the former home of the Sforza family and originally a Visconti fortress. The iconic red brick will shine in the sunlight and reflects the affluence of the Renaissance rulers of Milan with the thick, dramatic walls designed by Leonardo da Vinci with a moat and draw bridges removed during the reign of Napoleon. The specialized museum galleries host works by Michelangelo and Mantegna, and you will enter the room of wooden panels known as the Sala delle Asse, where da Vinci painted the frescoes on the ceiling in the late 15th century with intertwining trees, fruits, and a natural landscape. The exhibit re-opens on May 16th after a long period of restoration, and there is much anticipation building for this long-awaited opening.
You will continue to the Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia, and you can enter “Leonardo’s Corridor.” The long passage allows you to examine the fascinating scale models of the famous inventor’s creations. The displays range from concepts of a machine gun to a hang glider to the aerial screw, the latter of which acted as the predecessor to the helicopter, while the greater exhibit immerses you in the war studies and anatomy sketches. Upon reaching San Sepolcro Crypt, you will have a unique experience in one of Milan’s most fascinating and yet hidden highlights as you venture deep into the underground chamber that once inspired da Vinci. Your guide will lead you across the stone floor and around the faded Biblical frescoes with monuments that date back to the 11th century and truly capture the heart of da Vinci.
Milan – Discover the Fascinating Exhibitions and Celebrate da Vinci
Florence – Travel to Florence for a Historical and Scientific Tour
Florence – Traverse the Uffizi in Search of Leonardo’s Early Works
Florence – Revel in the Bargello and Palazzo Strozzi Galleries
Florence – Visit da Vinci’s Home and Museum in the Town of Vinci
Rome – Venture to Rome for a Special Display at Scuderie del Quirinale
Rome – Enjoy the splendors of the Vatican and Vatican Museums
Rome – Depart for Home
- View The Last Supper, one of Leonardo da Vinci’s most famous works, during a private tour of Milan’s landmarks connected with the Renaissance Man
- Explore art, history, architecture, science, and technology with Renaissance experts on private tours
- Relish the fascinating images captured by the master artist in Saint Jerome in the Desert during its first display outside of the Vatican Museums
- Wander through the sensational Renaissance artwork displayed in Florence’s world-renowned Uffizi Gallery to find several incredible works by Leonardo
- Discover the treasures of the San Sepolcro Crypt, which inspired da Vinci to draw a map with the hidden chambers at the center of Milan
- Engage with the mind of Leonardo da Vinci when visiting the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana to view the priceless drawings in the Codice Atlantico
- Revel in the sensational flavors of a multi-course meal inspired by a wine made specifically for celebrating Leonardo da Vinci’s anniversary
- Visit the small town in which Leonardo da Vinci was born and explore the intimate museum with over 60 replica machines of his creation
- Step into the grandeur of the Scuderie del Quirinale papal palace and discover the unique display of designs and sketches that illustrate the visions of Leonardo da Vinci compared to his contemporaries
The majesty of Italy is legendary as it is reflected in the diverse scenery, the breathtaking paintings, the ancient heritage, and through mouthwatering cuisine. Every facet of Italian culture will be highlighted and enjoyed during your 9-day tour of Italy with the genius of Leonardo da Vinci your primary focus. From the delicious flavors of a multi-course meal enjoyed in the lush countryside of Tuscany to taking in the magnificent paintings in the galleries of the Uffizi in Florence, you will be able to explore according to your interests on privately guided tours on this customized itinerary. You will be able to explore how the incredible history of Italy and da Vinci intertwined during the Renaissance while continuing to inspire the world today.
Your engaging Leonardo da Vinci-focused tour of Italy will begin with your arrival in Milan. You will have two days in the fascinating capital of Lombardy for an introduction to the life and inventions of da Vinci in Italy. Your guides will be Renaissance experts and will take you on fantastic tours that balance the inherent beauty of Milan’s culture with the treasures of da Vinci’s life. You will explore the Castel Sforzesco, step inside the science museum, and wander through the distinct San Sepolcro Crypt. You will also have the opportunity to visit the Santa Maria delle Grazie Church and see the stunning The Last Supper before venturing deep into the mind of the inventor with exhibitions at the Palazzo Reale Milano and Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, the latter of which contains the remarkable Codice Atlantico.
You will then continue to Florence for four days where both medieval and Renaissance architecture have been preserved through the ages that will immediately charm you. Your private tours through the city will showcase how Leonardo da Vinci’s unique thought process broke the barriers of science, art, and architecture with innovation displayed in the Museo Galileo, Bargello, and Palazzo Strozzi exhibitions that are well worth your time. The Uffizi Gallery, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, and Palazzo Vecchio offer incredible insight into the artistic aesthetic of da Vinci with displays of the Renaissance master’s works in connection with his mentor Verrocchio.
You will move next to spend time in the Tuscan countryside in the town of Vinci and visit the small museum that holds models of the inventor’s work. Continue on and visit his former home followed by a multi-course meal paired with local wines, including a wine produced to honor the 500th anniversary of Leonardo’s death.
You will then reach Rome for your final two nights in Italy where ancient, medieval, and Baroque architecture shape the city’s unparalleled ambiance. Your private tours will begin at the Leonardo da Vinci Science Exhibition in Scuderie del Quirinale, and you can focus on the innovator’s endless technological developments. You will also have a marvelous tour of St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museum to explore the intricate details of master artists from Michelangelo to Giotto, including the painting Saint Jerome in the Desert, which is on display for the first time outside of the Vatican.
- 17 Admissions including access to the Castello Sforzesco, Science and Technology Museum, Uffizi Gallery, Vatican Museum, The Last Supper at Santa Maria della Grazie, and many more
- 8 Private walking tours that give you authentic perspectives of Milan, Florence, and Rome
- 1 Private driving tour that reveals the Tuscan countryside
- 1 Private wine tasting at a Tuscan winery with multi-course lunch included
- 8 Nights at premier accommodations with breakfast included
- 4 Private transfers that will make transportation between airports, train stations, and hotels seamless
- Second class train tickets from Milan to Florence and Florence to Rome, with the option to upgrade to first class
- 24/7 Telephone assistance while travelers stay in Italy
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennifer J.
Reviewed By MARY K.
Reviewed By Melanie G.
Reviewed By Scott D.
Reviewed By Wan C.
Reviewed By Gerald N.