Experience the capitals of France and Italy as interactive destinations during your 10-day family-friendly tour of Paris and Rome. Sample the preferred delights of chocolates and gelato, discover the tremendous opulence of the galleries that glitter inside the palace of Versailles, enjoy a scavenger hunt filled with artistic riches in the Louvre Museum, and uncover the incredible colors of the frescoes that decorate the Sistine Chapel. From crafting pasta to making mosaics, your family will...
Paris – Introductory Dinner and Tour
The famous cosmopolitan city of Paris personifies style and sophistication. Your private transfer will greet your family upon your arrival at Charles de Gaulle Airport and escort you to your luxurious accommodation. After dinner, you can take your time to explore the hilltop neighborhood of Montmartre. You will reach the peaceful square known as Carré Roland Dorgelés and witness Sacré-Coeur. The unassuming building was once a piano factory and later became the studio in which artists like Picasso and Juan Gris developed their unique style.
Paris – Eiffel Tower & Chocolate Excursion
Paris – Notre-Dame and the Louvre
Paris – The Grandeur of Versailles
Paris – The Network of Parisian Catacombs
Rome – Ruins of the Forum and Colosseum
Rome – Walking Tour and Cooking Class
Rome – Vatican Museums and Mosaic Lesson
Rome – Gelato Tasting Tour
Rome – Departure
- Explore the distinctive catacombs that wind beneath Paris and the outskirts of Rome for a unique history of the two famous cities
- Enjoy learning the techniques of ancient gladiators with a training class for your kids before wandering through the Colosseum
- Venture to the top of the Eiffel Tower for an unparalleled panorama of the city of Paris
- Learn the art of making pasta with a private chef and cook a traditional Roman dish that your entire family will enjoy
- Indulge in the complimentary flavors of chocolate when exploring the medieval streets of the St. Germain neighborhood in Paris
- Discover the treasured secrets of crafting ancient Roman mosaics during a private class inside a family-owned workshop
- Sample the diverse and distinctive flavors of artisan gelato in Rome and discover simple but important techniques for crafting the tastiest treats
- Partake in a bike ride through the marvelous gardens at Versailles to find remarkable water features
- Witness the splendid colors and humanistic features of Michelangelo’s depiction of Genesis in the Sistine Chapel
- Traverse the grand galleries and winding halls of the Louvre Museum on a scavenger hunt in search of famous and overlooked masterpieces
Your 10-day tour of Paris and Rome combines the highlights of each city with fun-filled explorations. The splendor of the European capital cities will become interactive museums and adventurous treasure hunts that allow you to uncover millennia of artifacts.
Your ultimate family adventure will begin with your arrival in Paris, where you will have five nights to indulge in the splendor of the city. Ancient Romans founded the city more than 2,000 years ago along the banks of the Seine River. Medieval wonders in the form of elegant churches and winding cobblestone streets give way to 19th-century palaces and lavish museum galleries. Classic monuments, such as the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame de Paris, and the Louvre Museum, provide easy introductions to the greater opulence of the Palace of Versailles, the Musee d’Orsay, and the Parisian catacombs.
Your European tour will continue with four nights in Rome. The Eternal City has acted as a center of culture, art, cuisine, and history since its founding during the Roman Republic. Medieval streets give way to Renaissance palaces and Baroque piazzas. The museums and grand galleries offer insight into the world of ancient Rome, Greece, and Egypt.
Roman ruins, such as the temples in the Forum and the grand display of the Colosseum, represent the ingenuity of the former empire. The celebrated art and artifacts in the Vatican Museum will afford you a sensational scavenger hunt, and the flavors gelato and Roman pasta will make your mouth water. Art will become a way of life in Rome.
$3,575 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on 199 reviews.
Reviewed By Navin A.
Reviewed By Stephanie L.
Reviewed By Paisley W.
Reviewed By Tara W.
Reviewed By Naomi A.
Reviewed By Mary J.