Egypt’s mesmerizing history will immerse you in 5000 years of narrative, from the earliest pyramids to the new library in Alexandria. Handcrafted to traverse centuries and stories, this Egypt history tour will reveal Egypt from the inside. You’ll travel from ancient Cairo to Luxor, then cruise the River Nile to Aswan and Abu Simbel, before a day in Alexandria completes your handcrafted tour.
Cairo – Overlooking the Great Pyramids of Giza
The Great Pyramids of Giza continue to be Egypt’s most iconic image and they don’t disappoint. It will be two days before you step inside them, but for the first three nights you have a perfect view of the light show from your hotel rooftop. After being greeted at the airport you will be transferred to Giza, which is now a Cairo suburb. Here you’ll gaze onto the pyramids at sunset, a perfect introduction to the wonders to be found in ancient Egypt.
Cairo – Egyptian Museum and Old Cairo
Cairo – The Sphinx and Great Pyramids
Luxor – The Temple of Luxor
Luxor – The Valley of the Kings
Luxor – Majestic Karnak Temple
Nile Cruise – Starting the Journey Upriver
Nile Cruise – Desert History
Aswan – An Evening Oasis
Aswan – Simbel and Sunset Sailing
Alexandria – A Very Different History
Alexandria – Departure
- Gasp at the scale of Karnak, the temple of temples and the largest religious structure ever constructed
- Cruise up the River Nile to explore the remains of civilizations along the banks, including the magnificent Temple of Horus
- Understand the Egyptian storyline during a day in the world’s greatest museum, where artifacts narrate 5000 years of development
- Savor two charming evenings in Aswan, a desert oasis where you can sail towards the sunset and discover small souks
- Explore the magnificent highlights of Luxor’s West Bank, including the Valley of the Kings and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Feast your eyes on the Great Pyramids of Giza from your hotel rooftop, then step inside the ancient wonder of the world
- Fly to Abu Simbel and marvel at the work of Ramses II, as well as the four-year project that raised these temples 40 meters up a sandstone cliff
- Uncover a different story in Alexandria, where the past mixes with today and the stories are endless
$3,739 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on
Reviewed By C A.
Reviewed By Marsha K.
Reviewed By Patricia L.
Reviewed By Mistene H.
Reviewed By David K.
Reviewed By Sylvain M.