Botswana's immense wilderness offers the ultimate private getaway for couples for a romantic safari to Botswana. These 12 days unveil the glory of the Kalahari, Makgadikgadi and Okavango, each destination elevating the romance and rich impression of escapism. You won't see other people. Light aircraft catapult you to Africa's most inaccessible and untamed landscapes, luxury mobile camps are surrounded by wildlife, and the safari is never interrupted.
Kalahari – Welcome to the Hidden Heart of the Kalahari
The Kalahari is a land unknown. This rugged dusty landscape is virtually uninhabited, save for a few nomadic Bushmen whose lifestyle remains unaltered. Lion prides roam, elephants wander in search of water, antelope graze on brittle grass, and there isn't a building for thousands of square miles. It's an idyllic escape and an indelible jump into the animal kingdom. But how do you get there? After your international flight lands in Maun, central Botswana, a light aircraft takes you out into remote Kalahari, landing on a rarely used airstrip. It's practically the only way to get here and this inaccessibility is a perfect way to start the escape. Upon arrival, the two of you are practically alone in the heart of the Kalahari.
Day 2 - 4
Kalahari – Romantic Private Immersion in Big Game Country
Makgadikgadi – Into the Vast Whiteness of the Makgadikgadi Pans
Day 6 - 7
Makgadikgadi – Tracking the Great Zebra Migration
Okavango Delta – A Remote Mobile Camp
Day 9 - 11
Okavango Delta – Intimate Exploration
Maun – Final Safari Impressions and Departure from Botswana
- Enjoy 11 nights of luxury mobile camps, each erected in the heart of big game country and well clear of any other visitors
- Start the safari immersion in the Kalahari, a rugged landscape of prowling lions, nomadic herds, and gentle delights wandering past the camp
- Track Africa's second largest animal migration, tens of thousands of zebra galloping across the Makgadikgadi pans, chaperoned by instinctive big cats
- Spend four days soaking up the abundant animal paradise of the Okavango Delta, the lavish waterways ensuring that every angle is packed with big game
- Use light aircraft to access the most remote and inaccessible parts of Botswana's wilderness, the airstrips sometimes having to be cleared of animals before you can take off
- This is a completely private safari escape so you and your partner dictate the itinerary; game drives, boat safaris, walking safaris, nighttime drives, dinner for two surrounded by hartebeest, picnics overlooking hippo pods, all your exacting tastes realized by an expert local guide
- Savor the omnipresent feeling of being immersed in an alternative world, one without roads, people, buildings, or stress
$12,163 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Melissa T.
Reviewed By Norman H.
Reviewed By Alan M.