Wading hippos playing within your view at breakfast as elephants cover the distant banks are just a few of the charming scenes that will unfold before your eyes along the reed-lined channels of the Okavango. The best way to explore the rich mosaic of the Okavango is by boat. With this 9-day safari, you will explore in the ultimate of styles with a luxury houseboat taking you through a wilderness that can only be accessed by river. Including three nights on the Chobe River and three nights...
Kasane to Chobe River – Sunset on the Luxury Houseboat
Your first African sunset is a special experience. The sun will seem bigger than you have ever seen before, a burning ball that appears to linger on the horizon while casting a mirage across the floodplains and grasslands. The nearby river glimmers a golden hue, a soft color that contrasts with the tough skin of the hippos. A whole pod may emerge from the water and then scatter across the banks, heading out for their nightly grazing. Elephants are also nearby, and you will see large herds turning into shadowy figures as the sun disappears from the sky. Sunset from the riverboat is a sublime introduction to Africa, and your safari has already started.
Earlier in the day, you will have landed at Kasane Airport, where you will be greeted by a guide for your short journey over the border to Botswana and the Chobe River. Climb aboard, and you will spend an hour cruising downriver to get away from the lodges on the riverbank and into your own private piece of the river. With few other boats and very little manufactured noise, the region where you will spend the night is a prime place to encounter spectacular numbers of elephant and hippo, and they will look all the more impressive when you are also on the water with them.
Chobe River – Legendary Chobe and Zambezi Floodplains
Chobe River – Big Game Chobe Safari
Day 4 - 5
Moremi Game Reserve – Exploring the Heart of the Okavango
Okavango Panhandle – Floating Along the Oasis
Okavango Panhandle – Pristine Safari on the Lush Panhandle
Okavango Panhandle – Tsodilo Hills Full-Day San Bushmen Excursion
Okavango Panhandle to Maun – Departure
- Explore the animal kingdom in style with two distinctive luxury houseboat experiences
- Float through the waterways of the Okavango Delta, cruising to remote areas that are inaccessible by road
- Marvel at the hippos and elephants that continually grace the shores on your journey down the Chobe River
- Admire the exquisite African sunsets and spend every evening watching the wildlife along the riverbanks
- Enjoy daily excursions that will enable you to discover what hides on land, with game drives and walking safari bringing exhilarating moments with great mammals
- Spend time in the Moremi Game Reserve, the heart of the Delta, where big cat encounters are one of many highlights
- Visit the Tsodilo Hills and connect with ancient San Bushman culture, with a visit to a local community and exploration of spiritual rock paintings
- Fully lose yourself in the beauty of the Chobe and Okavango, your houseboat a stunning opportunity to be enveloped by wild Africa
$13,099 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Ann T.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Alan M.