On this exclusive 8-day safari, you cross the world's greatest delta system, following the waterways and submerging yourself in the Delta's wildlife and subtleties. Elephants use their trunks as snorkels, thousands of hippos bathe and grunt, and over 500 bird species flutter above an exciting cast of predators; the only way to truly discover the Okavango Delta is by boat. Staying at luxurious mobile camps en route, this is an intimate adventure through the heart of the oasis.
Okavango Kopano - First Impressions of the Delta
You'll touch down in Maun and get greeted at the airport by a local guide. From here it's a two-hour journey north, following a rugged four-wheel-drive track to the water. This is where your boat journey starts, on the very edge of the world's largest inland delta system. For the first night, you're staying in a lodge above the river, a serene retreat that helps you overcome any travel fatigue and energize your batteries for the expedition that starts tomorrow. You'll still see the odd bit of wildlife, such as resident hippos and wandering zebra, along with a scattering of colobus and vervet monkeys that occupy the trees. Like each day on this itinerary, a sumptuous dinner ambiance on the riverbank, and the evening is spent around a crackling fire.
Okavango Kopano - Beauty of Southern Okavango by Boat
Okavango Kopano - Continue Cruising Through the Okavango
Moremi Game Reserve - Game-Rich Heart of the Delta
Moremi Game Reserve - Searching for Moremi's Predators
Northern Okavango - Journeying Up the Okavango Panhandle
Northern Okavango - Scanning the Horizon for Bird Life
Maun - Scenic Okavango Flight and Departure
- Explore the complete diversity of the Okavango Delta by crossing it from the narrow waterways of the southwest to the flowing panhandle in the northeast
- Fully lose yourself in the landscape by staying in beautiful mobile camps along the way, each raised above the water and surrounded by the charms of the wilderness
- The day's journey is as important as the destination as you cruise along channels that are dominated by wildlife, from the ubiquitous hippos to unique sitatungas and prowling big cats
- Stop off at various untouched and unexplored islands, where you go on exhilarating walking safaris to see what's been left marooned in the Delta
- Drift along the waterways and savor the serenity of the Okavango, the shaded boat allowing you to sit back and watch nature unfold
- The mobile camps are comfortable and come with all the necessary luxuries in the bush, including hot showers, Western-style toilets, and a wonderful lullaby sung by the wildlife of nature
- Complement the intimate exploration with an aerial safari above the Okavango Delta, the flight back from Shakawe to Maun revealing just how far you have drifted in the previous seven days
$11,435 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Dianne C.
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Larry D.