Few natural spectacles can rival the Okavango Delta; big cats prowling on evocative floodplains, hippos yawning along lush watery channels, and elephants using their trunks as snorkels. Celebrating the very best of the 1,000th UNESCO World Heritage Site, this 13-day signature safari is handcrafted for travel from June to September, when the lush waterways provide a dreamy journey through authentic Africa. Expect mokoro canoes, exceptional accommodations, and inspiring wildlife encounters.
Jao Concession – Treehouse Safari Seclusion
Your intimate safari camp is hidden in the trees, built on stilts above Hunda Island in the private Jao Concession. Flooded plains roll out from your viewing deck, the lush colors complementing the greens of the forest. Animals congregate along the shallow banks, just beneath your tented tree house, providing a surreal introduction to authentic Africa. After landing in Maun, you’ll transfer to a light aircraft for a flight to Hunda Island in the west of the Okavango. When the Okavango floods, the camp becomes a dry refuge above the plains. Treehouses with canvas walls to complete your immersion in the wilderness. Your safari experience starts from your viewing deck and continues with a short introductory game drive on the island; many animals are marooned, and there’s a tense battle between the resident leopards and the huge herds of red lechwes.
Jao Concession – A Private Mokoro Journey
Shinde Concession – Spectacular Motorboat Safari
Day 4 - 5
Shinde Concession – The Best of Land and Water-Based Safari
Vumbura Reserve – Safari Chic in a Legendary Private Reserve
Day 7 - 8
Vumbura Reserve – Iconic Big Cat Safari on the Floodplains
Linyanti Concession – Surrounded by the Elephants of the Chobe Forest
Linyanti Concession – In Search of Wild Dogs
Livingstone – Morning Game Drive and Cruising the Chobe River
Livingstone – The Wonder of Victoria Falls
Livingstone – Departure
- Explore four private concessions, each offering exceptional big-game safari without any of the peak season Okavango crowds
- Celebrate safari chic with a handpicked collection of Botswana’s finest accommodations, including a treehouse on Hunda Island and luxurious tented camps that immerse you in the wilderness
- Drift along the waterways in a traditional mokoro canoe, passing thousands of animals coming to the banks to drink
- Take a motorboat over the spectacular floodplains, a full-day journey that evokes the inspiring scale of the Okavango Delta
- Game drive across remote islands, where marooned antelopes are chased by a thrilling collection of big cats
- Watch lions battle with buffalos in the iconic Vumbura Reserve; a contest made more exciting by the rising water levels
- Search for the legendary wild dogs of Linyanti Concession, be baffled by the abundance of the Vumbura plains and watch the big cats prowl across Shinde Concession
- Surround yourself with the elephants of the Chobe Forest, then drift through big-game Africa on a Chobe River cruise
- Complete the safari with another remarkable natural wonder, the roaring Victoria Falls that will be heard before being seen
- Tailor the program to your mood with a complete mix of water and land-based safari activities, including rare experiences like nighttime drives and walking safaris
$10,473 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on 124 reviews.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Kathy T.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Bob V.