From game drives and safari walks to herds of elephants and troops of baboons, this 11-day best of Southern Africa family safari allows you to experience the country’s majestic wilderness. Indulge in the thrills of luxury accommodations in the secluded wilds of private game reserves that offer unique insights into the abundant wildlife. Cruise rivers, walk with trained rangers, and bask in the wonders of the African bush.
Thornybush Game Reserve - Arrive in your Luxury Lodge
The beauty of the South African wilderness will emerge around Thornybush Private Game Reserve’s 34,140 acres of protected lands. The network of luxury lodges on the reserve supports the bountiful wildlife that is connected to greater Kruger National Park. Your flight will arrive at Johannesburg International Airport, where your family will board your connection to Hoedspruit Airport. Your private transfer will greet your family upon arrival and escort you to the comfort of your accommodation. The remainder of the day will be at your leisure to enjoy the scenic waterhole where elephants and antelope cool down beneath the hot sun.
Thornybush Game Reserve - Discover Fabulous Wildlife
Thornybush Game Reserve - Continue your Local Discovery
Victoria Falls - Enjoy a Sunset Zambezi River Cruise
Victoria Falls - Visit Elephants and Tour the Falls
Chobe River Front - Transfer to Chobe for a Boat Cruise
Chobe River Front - Enjoy the Wilderness at your Pace
Okavango Delta - Venture to the Stunning Okavango Delta
Okavango Delta - Delight in the Remarkable Wildlife
Okavango Delta - Continue your Search for Wildlife
Okavango Delta - Depart for Home
- Search for remarkable sightings of leopards and lions in a game reserve known for having one of the densest populations of Big Cats in South Africa
- Learn how to read the intricate details of the landscape and passing wildlife on a walking safari led by an experienced ranger
- Revel in the soothing pace and unique view of a river safari on the Okavango Delta inside a traditional canoe known as a mokoro
- Witness the majestic mist and surprising cacophony of Victoria Falls, which is considered the largest natural waterfall on the planet
- Explore an elephant sanctuary to view rehabilitated orphans and injured elephants that are protected on a vast property in which they can play, graze, and wander
- Delight in the comforts of a luxury river cruise on the Chobe River as an introduction to the waterways while searching for thirsty animals or water-dwelling wildlife
- Visit a traditional village in Botswana to meet with local members of the community and share different customs while in view of the surrounding wilderness
- Enjoy a slower pace of wildlife exploration on a walking safari that offers ample time to uncover and watch the brilliant birdlife of the Okavango Delta
- Relax with a sunset cruise on the Upper Zambezi River that will reveal a mixture of the serene wilderness, active wildlife, and the nearby rumble of Victoria Falls
$7,574 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Hamish K.
Reviewed By Michelle S.
Reviewed By Victoria Z.
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By Vickie F.