Botswana’s beautiful landscapes provide the theater space for romance and wonder. Explore them together, soaking up the enchantment and being moved by the daily drama. Effortlessly blending adventure with serenity, this unique itinerary is all about providing a personal experience with Botswana’s epic safari land. You’ll be alone on this inimitable getaway. Except, that is, for immense elephant herds, endless big cats and hippos, and a wonderful supporting cast.
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park - First Safari Encounters
Parched riverbeds and shriveled savanna provide your first glimpses of Botswana’s wilderness. Kgalagadi is so dry that local folklore suggests the rivers only run once a century. It’s desolate and empty, yet the battle for survival makes for fascinating first safari encounters. Elephants dig beneath the withered channels, expertly uncovering underground streams and sharing the bounty with a herd of cute babies and relieved mothers. Thirsty nomads migrate across the evocative landscape, their shapes easily picked out along the horizon. They’re heading for the permanent waterholes, and that’s where you’ll go on your Botswana game drive. A kudu herd look to have timed their arrival perfectly, lapping up the muddy water in peace. But turn around and three prowling lionesses have decided to join the party. When you first arrive in Botswana, a light aircraft will take you from Maun to Kgalagadi, where you're welcomed by a game-filled off-road transfer to the delightfully secluded camp.
You’ll see nature’s finest mammals in Kgalagadi, but you won’t see other tourists. Like most of Botswana, these vast national parks are open spaces that are explored by just a handful of visitors. It’s very different from the more famous parks of East Africa or Kruger, where there are often other safari trucks in your line of vision. It’s you, your partner, and a wonderful array of wildlife. As a campfire crackles you dine outside, the table illuminated by moonlight while a few antelope rustle in the nearby bushes. Today sets the tone for the whole trip; serene, sublime, and filled with intimate moments.
Kgalagadi - Picnics Beside the Waterholes
Okavango Delta - Exploring the Endless Beauty
Moremi Game Reserve - Hand in Hand Walks
Moremi Game Reserve - Paddling Along the Lavish Waterways
Chobe National Park - Lounging on the Verandah
Chobe National Park - Big Cat Action and Charming Scenes
Maun - Leaving Botswana
- Explore Chobe National Park and lose count of the numbers of elephant, giraffe, and predatory cats
- Get away and lose yourself in some of the planet’s most spectacular wildernesses, with eight days of safari action and sublime relaxation
- Picnic beside the Kgalagadi waterholes and admire the majestic wildlife that comes down for a drink
- Walk hand in hand through Moremi Game Reserve and only share the trail with elephant herds, stunning antelopes, and graceful giraffe
- Paddle along the waterways of the Okavango Delta and say hello to huge hippo pods, thirsty lions, and a full supporting cast of African mammals
- Indulge in some of Africa’s finest accommodation, each hand-picked camp elevating your immersion in nature and offering an unrivaled degree of privacy
- Savor eight days of private safari activities and discover your very own piece of Botswana’s sublime wildlife filled land
$6,547 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Ann T.
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Debbie H.