Argentina and Chile boast picturesque Patagonian forests and remarkable cultural destinations peppering this unspoiled paradise, all of which you may admire on this immersive 12-day road trip sharing the heritage of these South American countries and their people with you. Traveling from the bustling city of Salta to the immense Salt Flats of Atacama Desert, you will explore the kaleidoscopic culture of Patagonia.
Salta - A Skyline Shrouded in Spanish Colonial Culture
Boasting rich Spanish colonial culture and a skyline that matches its historic, 1582 origins, the northwestern Argentinian city of Salta will take you on a dreamy trip back in time from the minute you step off the airplane and transfer to your accommodation hemmed into the heart of the cityscape. You may spend your afternoon exploring its districts, strolling past the iconic dark red walls of the San Francisco Church to a chairlift ascending to the peaks of San Bernado. Marvel at the alluring views before meandering down the woodland paths to the famous monument of General 'Gaucho' Güemes.
Cachi - Alluring Visions of the Argentinian Landscape
Molinos - Riveting Red Sandstone Walls of the Acsibi Caves
Cafayate - The Culture of the Diaguita Indigenous Community
Cafayate - Sipping Fine Vintages in the North West Wine Capital
Tilcara - Magic in the Heart of the Humahuaca Valley
Tilcara - To Lofty Viewpoints alongside Llamas
Atacama Desert - Travels across the Chilean Border
Atacama Desert - A Geothermal Wonderland
Atacama Desert - Jaw-dropping Encounters with the Geysers of Tatio
Atacama Desert - Soaring Scenes atop Aguas Calientes
Atacama Desert - Golden Desert Mornings and Goodbyes
- Cruise across Argentina’s diverse landscapes, ascending the rolling green hills of the Lerma Valley, meandering through the dense forested parts of the Yungas, and gliding across the cacti-coated pastures of the Los Cardones National Park
- Voyage to the sleepy mountain town of Seclantas, where you will traverse the Argentinian wilds alongside a spirited local towards the marvelous red sandstone formations of the Acsibi Caves
- Peruse the abundant plantations and evergreen vineyards, as well as tuck into a farm-to-table lunch, during your time spent submerged in Argentinian culture with the Diaguita indigenous community at Corralito
- Savor the sumptuous flavors of North West Argentina’s finest wines produced from vineyards cascading across the emerald landscape of Cafayate, some of which are the oldest in the country
- Traverse the rugged mountains and immense plains of the Humahuaca Valley alongside llamas, animals coveted by the local Andean people as a reliable means of transportation across these stark, sandy parts
- Admire the spellbinding untouched beauty of the Atacama Desert as you encounter fascinating flora and fauna dwelling in this diverse sandy region
- Visit the remarkable Geysers of Tatio and learn about Atacama’s fascinating geothermal activity while capturing the steamy phenomena in all its unspoiled beauty
- Wind to the peak of Aguas Calientes for unending panoramas of Capur’s incredible Salt Flats, where you may snap up images of the mesmerizing multi-colored topography
$10,135 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.98 stars based on
Reviewed By Joseph B.
Reviewed By David S.
Reviewed By Rafael A.
Reviewed By Paul D.
Reviewed By Lawrence D.
Reviewed By John A.