Zimbabwe always enchants as black and white rhinos elegantly move past your safari vehicle, hippos emerge upriver from Victoria Falls, and zebras wander past as you admire ancient San rock art. Home to far more than the Big Five, Zimbabwe is Africa’s often overlooked gem as the country is packed full of unique experiences and the ambiance of authentic Africa. Exploring the highlights on this 2-week safari and you will uncover one of the world’s most evocative travel destinations.
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve – The Big Five and the Little Six
The wildlife of Malilangwe comes in all shapes and sizes. The Big Five are usually at the top of most safari wishlists and it does not take long to spot them in their realm, but there is so much more. Eagles and owls will soar overhead, a pack of wild dogs will provide one of Africa’s most elusive sights, and it will not be long before you can identify the park’s little six antelopes. On the northern boundary of The Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, this compact private reserve will ease you into your safari experience. There is a lot to discover, yet you will not need long and bumpy journeys to find it all. After arriving on a light aircraft from Harare, you will check into your luxury lodge and find a procession of animals in the lake below. An afternoon game drive will then provides an idyllic introduction to the wild animals of Zimbabwe.
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve – Private Safari in Zimbabwe’s Forgotten Corner
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve – Full Day Safari in Gonarezhou National Park
Matopos Hills – The Origins of a Nation
Matopos Hills – Fabulous San Rock Art
Day 6 - 8
Hwange National Park – Evocative Safari Adventure
Victoria Falls – Cruise Past the Hippos of the Zambezi
Victoria Falls – Relaxed Day at Victoria Falls
Mana Pools National Park – Follow the Curves of the Ancient Zambezi
Day 12 - 13
Mana Pools National Park – Iconic Safari Under Canvas
Harare – Departure
- Safari through Zimbabwe’s forgotten corner with several nights in the private Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve, where the Big Five are joined by the Little Six and many more
- Spend a day exploring the enormity of Gonarezhou National Park, where the mystique of the wild is at its finest
- Uncover the secrets of Southern Africa’s history as you visit the ancient rocks of Great Zimbabwe, and are guided through the San rock art of Matopos Hills
- Enjoy time in Hwange National Park, one of the continent’s finest safari destinations and an evocative haven that celebrates the best of big game Africa
- Take numerous cruises along the Zambezi River and pass hundreds of hippos as a burning orange sun sets into the water
- Explore the wonder of Victoria Falls and open all your senses to the “smoke that thunders”
- Lose yourself in the wilderness atmosphere of Mana Pools National Park, a remarkable big game destination that offers an iconic safari under canvas experience
- Meet the friendly locals that make Zimbabwe such an inspiring travel destination and enjoy privately guided safari activities throughout
- Discover that a safari in Zimbabwe provides a fully immersive journey through the raw authenticity of Africa
- Combine flexible game drives with walking safaris and excursions into nocturnal worlds for a very diverse safari experience
$17,649 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 427 reviews.
Reviewed By Alden B.
Reviewed By Patrick S.
Reviewed By Danijela Z.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Victoria Z.
Reviewed By Cyrus K.