Legends create electrifying experiences in remote Uganda. White rapids surging on the River Nile, silverback gorillas drumming their chests, endangered chimpanzees clambering above your head. Moments of pure adrenaline are matched by soul-soothing encounters, like infant gorilla twins or a golden monkey troop's peculiar gaze. Featuring two gorilla treks and stunning micro flights, this 9-day Uganda safari contrasts untrammeled thrills with the country's ambiance of charm.
Jinja – Relaxing Along the River Nile
From the lodge balcony, the River Nile looks calm. It slowly drifts between steep terraced fields, then turns between lush climbs of indigenous forest. Blues and greens are complemented by the raw red of the earth, the distinctive hue seeming to represent the ancient splendor of Africa. Around the corner, the Nile descends through a series of rapids, but that is for tomorrow; today is for lounging on the terrace and admiring the surreal landscape paintings of Uganda. You touch down at Entebbe International Airport, where you're greeted for the 2-hour transfer east to Jinja, a journey that skirts the shores of Lake Victoria. Dinner is included at the lodge.
Jinja – Grade Five White-Water Rafting On the White Nile
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – The Misty Swirls of the Ancient Rainforest
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Gorilla Trekking
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Tracking the Nkuringo Gorilla Troop
Kibale Forest National Park – Unusual Primates in Kibale
Kibale Forest National Park – Exclusive Chimpanzee Tracking Experience
Entebbe – Connecting With Culture Along Lake Victoria
Entebbe – Departure
- Experience all the thrills and charms of gorilla trekking with two distinctive experiences with wild mountain gorilla troops in the forests of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Track wild chimpanzees in Kibale Forest, coming face-to-face with a large troop of these exquisite and endangered primates
- Spend an hour with the Nkuringo gorilla troop, which contains four silverbacks and an unusual set of infant gorilla twins
- Choose your trail through Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and track one of habituated gorilla troops from the Rushaga trailhead
- Discover a whole world of primates, including golden monkeys, red colobus monkeys, and raucous baboon troops
- Experience Africa's most exhilarating white-water rafting with a thrilling journey through the grade five rapids of the White Nile
- Explore a colorful history in the colonial capital of Entebbe, then enjoy a whirlwind tour through modern Uganda in Kampala
- Fly across Uganda in light aircraft, quickly connecting remote forests and enjoying sublime views over the mountainous landscape
$9,175 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 44 reviews.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Janice K.
Reviewed By Jackie M.
Reviewed By Jose A.
Reviewed By Penelope P.