This 11-day tour is designed especially for the intrepid traveler who enjoys a blend of active exploration and relaxing time to explore on your own. Boasting a distinctive identity and charming culture, New Zealand holds a special place for those wishing to visit the Southern Hemisphere. From Auckland to Wellington, the North Island will be your playground as you visit the many places that keep visitors thrilled.
Auckland – The City of Sails
Like an Italy of the Southern Hemisphere, New Zealand's distinctive boot shape is divided by the Cook Straight and presents visitors with an abundance of outdoor recreation and beautiful landscapes. You will step into this world on your first day of this tour of the North Island. Upon your arrival at the main Auckland airport, a comfortable transfer will convey you from the outskirts of the city into the beating heart of the City of Sails. After settling in to your conveniently located hotel, you will have the remainder of the day to explore the scenic waterfront and downtown area.
Matauri Bay – Magic of the North Island
Matauri Bay – Through the Outback
Matauri Bay – Through the Coastal Skies
Auckland – Departing Northland
Rotorua – Finding Your Rhythm
Rotorua – The RIng of Fire
Hawke's Bay – Arriving at Cape Kidnappers
Hawke's Bay – The Fruits of the Volcanic Soil
Wellington – New Zealand's Breadbasket
Wellington – Departure
- Stroll through the ambient warmth of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city, to enjoy the stunning architecture, great cuisine, and warm hospitality of the locals
- Discover the coastal beauty of the Northland region as you venture to Matauri Bay to delight in sandy beaches, secrets coves, and alluring trails
- See the sights from the saddle as you explore New Zealand's Northland region on horseback, offering a relaxing way to find your bearings in this lush landscape
- Take to the skies on a guided helicopter trip over the islands, bays, coves, and other stunning features of the Northland coast
- Drive through the Waipoua National Forest, where alluring trails will attempt to seduce you onto their paths to find untold adventures
- Bask in the ambient comfort of your hotel on the picturesque shores of Lake Tarawera and find comfort in the glaring attention of the staff
- Savor the fertile and volcanic heritage of the North Island on a visit to a local winery, where experienced growers will provide a tour of the vineyards and wines
- Recline in the thermal embrace of one of the many mudbaths or hot springs that frequently appear through this geologically charged land
- Meander along the charming lanes and waterfront promenades of the world's southernmost capital at Wellington, where New Zealand's vibrant character is proudly displayed
$7,695 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.76 stars based on 17 reviews.
Reviewed By Al D.
Reviewed By theresa b.
Reviewed By wilda m.
Reviewed By Don M.
Reviewed By Chaitali D.
Reviewed By Nora T.