Capture immense scenic beauty comprising diverse landscapes and cultural wonders on this 17-Day Scenic North and South Island New Zealand Discovery tour. Spend time in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch; embrace lush forests; explore pristine beaches; and wander sharp-tipped mountains as you self-drive through the dramatic landscape. Experience majestic Milford Sound and ride the skyline gondola in Queenstown as you discover the grandeur of New Zealand at your pace.
Auckland - Unveil the Diverse Landscape of Auckland
Start your scenic New Zealand adventure in the captivating city of Auckland, with its diverse and breathtaking cityscapes. Chilled open spaces meet towering buildings, beaches and forests compliment each other as contrasting playgrounds of sand and soil, while the cosmopolitan vibe of urban dwelling teeters on the edge of adventure in a city where work meets play in a picturesque setting. Embrace rich art culture with a walk through the Toi o Tamaki Art Gallery, a display of classic and contemporary photographs, or wander through Aotea Square, which buzzes day and night with sounds of music and murmurs from locals and visitors.
Auckland - Explore the ‘City of Sails’
Whitianga - Travel along a Coastline of Coves and Caves
Rotorua - Discover the Scenic Bay of Plenty
Rotorua - Experience Maori Tradition and Geothermal Landmarks
Napier - Visit Captivating Waterfalls and Panoramic Vineyards
Wellington - Drive By Rolling Hills, Wineries, and Wildlife
Wellington - Explore New Zealand’s Culinary Capital
Kaikoura - Enjoy a Picturesque Ferry Ride to South Island
Christchurch - Experience Whale Watching and Waipara Valley
Mount Cook - Step Into a Natural Masterpiece
Queenstown - Drive Mountain Passes, Sheer Cliffs, and Bridges
Queenstown - Uncover a City of Gastronomy and Natural Wonder
Queenstown - Cruise and Walk Magical Milford Sound
Franz Josef Township - Enjoy Forest Walks and Rugged Coastlines
Christchurch - Take a Scenic Train Ride from West to East
Christchurch - A Classic End to an Inspirational Adventure
- Discover the aesthetic appeal of picturesque Auckland, the “City of Sails”, as it presents a dramatic city skyline and waterfront wonder
- Admire the natural architectural gem of Cathedral Cove when visiting Whitianga
- Soak up adventure-filled Bay of Plenty, beaches, trails, and marvelous marine life filling the day
- Embrace Maori tradition and watch the powerful haka when visiting a Maori tribe in Rotorua
- Witness the thunderous wall of water at Huka Falls en route to Napier
- Enjoy delicious white wine in Wellington when visiting wineries and admiring vineyards interspersed with sheep farms
- Discover culinary delights in Wellington, a capital city rich in culture, cuisine, and breathtaking views of the cityscape from Kelburn Hill
- Sit back and take in the panoramic and picturesque views from your ferry from North Island to South Island on the way to Kaikoura
- Discover the magic of Milford Sound, fiords and waterfalls captivating the soul as you navigate the dancing waters
- Experience Queenstown's natural beauty, its location nestled on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and overseen by the dramatic Remarkable Mountain Range
- Take some time out in Christchurch to visit monuments, cathedrals, and museums. A contrast to the natural beauty experienced on your 17-day New Zealand adventure of the North and South islands
$5,095 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.75 stars based on
Reviewed By Kyle D.
Reviewed By Jana C.
Reviewed By Rene R.
Reviewed By Diane M.
Reviewed By Todd a.
Reviewed By Denise R.