From the infinite plains of Kenya’s Maasai Mara to the heart of Uganda’s lush volcanic forests, this tour profiles Africa’s raw beauty and diversity. Traversing the savannah under endless African skies, you will search for leopards and lions while stumbling upon gazelle, zebra and wildebeest. Then, climbing high into dense rain forest mountains, you will look for the impossibly gentle mountain gorillas, spending intimate time with these giants. Few Africa tours will offer more diversity...
Maasai Mara - Welcome to Kenya!
Touching down at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, the temperatures and smells will immediately begin to change, officially welcoming you to Africa. Upon clearing customs and collecting your luggage, you will meet a Zicasso representative who will transfer you to Wilson Airport, approximately 10 minutes driving away. From here, it will be a short hop on a light aircraft before you finally reach the anticipated Maasai Mara.
Stepping off the plane, the warm breeze rushing off the savanna will signal that you have finally made it into the bush. At the airport, a representative will collect and transfer you through Big Five territory to a boutique lodge on the edge of the national park. While it is a long travel day, the luxury and exclusivity of this safari camp overlooking a river will make the entire journey completely worthwhile. As you enter your oversized sleeping quarters and collapse on your private porch jetting out onto a hippo-filled river, the adventure will have finally begun!
Tonight you will join the lodge for a dinner prepared by a fantastic chef. Using local ingredients grown in the lodge’s organic garden, this is sure to be one of the first of many delicious meals over the next week. As the moon rises and the spectacularly starry sky emerges, enjoy a final glass of wine or aperitif on the verandah before collapsing into bed.
Maasai Mara - Safaris Across the Rolling Plains
Maasai Mara - Interactions with Wildebeest, Maasai Warriors and the Big Five
Entebbe - Transfer by Air from the Mara to Entebbe
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park - Into the Heart of the Mountains
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park - Hiking and Exploring the Jungles of the Ugandan Mountains
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park - Search of the Endangered Mountain Gorillas
Entebbe - Heading Home to Another Adventure
- Drive across the rolling plains of the Maasai Mara in search of lions, leopards, giraffes, elephants and of course, the Great Wildebeest Migration
- Sail high above the savanna in a private hot air balloon, witnessing this vast and magical landscape in a unique and luxurious way
- Hike through the tropical rainforested slopes of Uganda’s volcanic mountain range in search of butterflies, waterfalls and forest elephants
- Marvel at Uganda’s gentle giants – the endangered mountain gorillas – in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Learn from the Maasai Warriors and the Batwa Pigmy, two of Africa’s longest surviving indigenous groups
- Indulge in the modern luxuries while basking beneath the stars and enjoying the untamed sites and sounds of the wilderness
$7,795 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Emily F.
Reviewed By JEANA L.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By Jose A.
Reviewed By Jackie M.
Reviewed By Jessica H.