East Africa's wonders blend adventure with romance, taking you on a mystical journey through iconic destinations. Gorillas chest thumping in the vibrant jungle, lions chasing wildebeest across the Maasai Mara, horseback and hot air balloon safaris through vast wilderness; these 11 days inspire a million impressions of an untrammeled world, each day delivering new angles and fresh experiences. Incorporating Kenya and Uganda, this is an all-encompassing safari vacation.
Nairobi - Arriving in the Maasai Mara
There's no time for gentle safari introductions as you arrive in Kenya. You're heading straight to one of the world's most iconic destinations, the Maasai Mara. A representative greets you at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, and transfers you across to Wilson Airport for a shared safari link flight directly into the grasslands. Touch down and explore. A guided game drive provides dazzling first impressions: elephant bulls marauding in the distance, a hyena hiding in long grass, and herds that cover the plains like a patchwork of seemingly fabricated brilliance. How can so many mammals survive in such close proximity? Arrive at your first luxury property before sundown and welcome drinks are served on your private verandah. Nestled far from the tourist crowds of the Mara, your lodge immediately imbues its lasting paradigms of solitude and harmony.
Masai Mara - Exploring on Game Drives
Masai Mara - Walking Safari and Village Cultural Immersion
Masai Mara - Hot Air Ballooning
Lewa Wildlife - The Weird and Wonderful Game
Lewa Wildlife Conservancy - Horseback Safari
Kampala - Arriving in Vibrantly Green Uganda
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park - Rainforest Primate and Bird Safari
c - Gorilla Trekking
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park - A Second Gorilla Trek
Kilgali - Departure From East Africa
- Savor the unique beauty of the Maasai Mara with four days of eclectic safari experiences including game drives, walking safaris, and hot air ballooning
- Go on two gorilla treks through the vibrant jungles of Uganda, visiting two different habituated groups of the world's greatest primate
- Spend two days soaking up the weird and wonderful game of Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, on game drives and on a unique horseback safari
- Combine the wildlife with local culture by visiting a Maasai village and a traditional village deep in the Bwindi rainforest
- This itinerary runs at an indelibly relaxed pace, ensuring lots of romantic time as you sit back and watch these wildlife theaters pass by
- Carefully chosen accommodation provides wonderful seclusion and luxury in the heart of East Africa's most memorable landscapes
$15,725 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By JEANA L.
Reviewed By Emily F.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By Jose A.
Reviewed By Jackie M.
Reviewed By Jessica H.