Japanese culture is rich and full of fascinating traditions, many that you will slowly uncover with each passing day on this enchanting 15-day culture explorers tour from Shikoku to Honshu. Discovering destinations such as Osaka and Iya Valley along the way, you will appreciate the breathtaking environmental highlights and phenomenal gastronomic experiences awaiting eager travelers in Japan, among so much more.
Osaka - One Stunning Night in Osaka
The vibrant hues of the cherry-blossoms and dazzling neon sign displays of Osaka will introduce you to Japan’s complex combination of history and modernity, which you will further appreciate on your first glimpses as you transfer from the international airport to your accommodation. The spirited port city, which you may explore this evening, is a stunning destination composed of historic museums. Get a look into the country’s long-standing past and buzzing districts that come to life day and night as visitors follow the fragrant aromas to eateries lining the streets.
Kurashiki - Sipping on Tea in Okayama’s Sparkling Gardens
Kurashiki - Panoramas of the Kibi Plain
Takamatsu - Take Your Time in Takamatsu
Takamatsu - Glorious Encounters in the Ritsurin Garden
Takamatsu - Great Art to Discover on an Island
Iya Valley - Unspoiled Japan Off the Beaten Path
Iya Valley - Trailblazing through the Greenery
Kotohira - The Origins of Udon
Matsuyama - A Castle Town Full of Culture
Matsuyama - Spirited Away at the Dogo Onsen
Miyajima - A Shrine Sitting out at Sea
Miyajima - Moments of Magic atop Mount Misen
Osaka - The Lingering Satisfaction of Divine Japanese Food
Osaka - Reflecting on the Good Times
- Unwind on the soft emerald lawns of the Koraku-en Garden in Okayama, leisurely appreciating the spectacularly well-kept environment teeming with plants and wildlife as well as tasting authentic Japanese teas
- Discover the absorbing allure of rural Japan as you leisurely cycle along the flowered fields of the Kibi Plain to the unassuming spiritual sites stationed on the sprawling expanse of greenery
- Capture the majesty of the blossoming wilderness veiling the Edo Period Ritsurin Garden, a delightful escape into the historic and immaculately pristine Japanese ecosystems
- Venture to the island of Naoshima to uncover the catalog of art and culture housed within the celebrated museums and evocative galleries speckling its seaside town
- Explore the breathtaking greenery that veils Iya Valley on a slow cruise through the mountainous landscape to appreciate many environmental wonders
- Partake in an insightful cooking class whereby you will prepare traditional Udon noodles and relish the tantalizing taste of the dishes you curate in Kotohira
- Dip your toes in the warm waters of one of Japan’s oldest hot springs, the Dogo Onsen, and the source of inspiration for the iconic bathhouse captured in Oscar-winning film Spirited Away
- Ascend to the summit of Mount Misen on Miyajima island for panoramic views of the Seto Inland Sea, a sparkling display of our precious oceans that spans as far as the eye can see
- Delve into the delectable flavors of Japanese cuisine as you revel in a walking food tour of Osaka to cherished eateries in its buzzing districts
$6,295 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.74 stars based on 303 reviews.
Reviewed By Lindsey P.
Reviewed By Andrea L.
Reviewed By Julie B.
Reviewed By Peter F.
Reviewed By Erika P.
Reviewed By Kenneth C.