Spectacular shogun history, astonishing anime artwork, and iconic staples of Tokyo await your discovery on this handcrafted 10-day tour through Japan, from Tokyo to Kyoto. Along the way, you will explore the cultural facets of the local lifestyles, ancient shrines, grand Buddhist temples, and spirited eateries in each region you visit each. This journey promises to share the history and authenticity of traditional Japan.
Tokyo - A City Set in the Future
Tokyo is a buzzing city that is commanded by neon-lit skyscrapers that appear to belong to some era in the distant future. There is a modern cyber aesthetic that dominates the city's high-octane skyline, presenting a sci-fi atmosphere that is elevated through the appearance of robots and eccentric clothing styles. From the minute you arrive and transfer to your accommodation, you will be amazed by the otherworldly sights and sounds that compose of this sought-after destination.
Tokyo - Japanese Cultural Authenticity Uncovered
Tokyo - Endless Possibilities in Exuberant Tokyo
Hakone - Hot Springs Nestled High in the Hills
Kyoto - Enter the Former Capital of Japan
Kyoto - The History of Anime and Shoguns
Kyoto - Remarkable Temples to the East
Kyoto - Exploration and Relaxation in the Japanese Countryside
Kyoto - Osaka or Nara, the Choice is Yours
Kyoto - Your Last Moments of Appreciation in Japan
- Discover traditional Japanese culture between the neon-lit screens of the city when touring Tsukiji Fish Market, Asakusa Kannon Temple, and Akihabara neighborhood
- Indulge in the sumptuous flavors of authentic Japanese cuisine and sushi at a variety of restaurants in each city
- Delve into empirical era history beneath the Meiji Jingu Shrine and be impressed by the eclectic fashion statements of the Harajuku district
- Escape to the Owakudani Thermal area and bask in the warm water of a hot spring before cherishing views of the peak of Mount Fuji from Hakone
- Trace Japanese history in Kyoto during a tour of the Kinkaku-Ji temple, Bamboo forests of Arashiyama, and Nijo Castle
- Head to Eastern Kyoto and deepen your understanding of its spiritual and historical origins by touring to Kiyomizu and Sanjusangendo Temples
- Venture up the steep precipice of the mountains that flank Kyoto to marvel at panoramic views of the Japanese countryside
- Explore different aspects of Japanese culture in the cities of Osaka and Nara
$5,525 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Bess U.
Reviewed By Athena W.
Reviewed By JUDITH T.
Reviewed By Lori A.
Reviewed By Julie A.
Reviewed By Connie T.