A land steeped in myth and legend, Japan presents an impressive array of historical heritage and rich culture. This 12 day tour of Tokyo, Hakone, and Kyoto is designed to demonstrate plenty of both. As you make your way along these scenic Japanese cities, a blend of leisure time and guided adventure ensures full immersion in every destination you visit.
Tokyo – A City for All Seasons
Your visit to Japan's capital will introduce you to one of the world's largest metropolises as well as the city with the most Michelin stars to its name. This legacy leaves Tokyo an excellent ambassador for the breathtaking culture and iconic history of this great island nation. After arriving at Narita airport, enjoy a comfortable transfer to your conveniently located accommodations. After a chance to settle in, the remainder of the day is yours to explore this unparalleled city sitting at the juncture of the past, present, and future.
Tokyo – Plunging Into the Heart of the Japanese Capital
Tokyo – Delectable Cuisine and Skytree Tower
Hakone – Standing in the Shadow of Mt. Fuji
Hakone – A Guided Tour of a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Kyoto – Testing Your Skills with a Kenbu Sword Experience
Kyoto – Ambling Through the Ages on a Guided Tour
Kyoto – Rocking to the Rhythms of Japanese Taiko
Kyoto – Relaxing on a Day of Leisure
Kyoto – Sampling your Way Along an Osaka Food Tour
Tokyo – Returning to the Japanese Capital
Tokyo – Departing a Land Steeped in Legend
- Stroll through the colorful neighborhoods and scenic parks of Tokyo where the rich culture and famous hospitality of Japan is on full display
- Stand in the shadow of the Skytree tower where you can enjoy a stunning view Japan's largest observation platform before making your way up its lofty heights
- See a side of the city missed by many on a guided walking tour of Tokyo where a local guide will ensure your full enjoyment of every site you visit
- Roll up your sleeves on a cooking course in the Japanese capital where the traditions and legacy of the country's cuisine will be yours to enjoy
- Meander along the scenic walking trails and lush woodlands of Hakone National Park and enjoy a ride across Lake Ashi
- Survey the scenic Mt. Fuji, one of Japan's holiest mountains, and ponder its breathtaking slopes
- Take part in some of the impressive traditions of the Samurai at a Kenbu sword performance where you will be able to participate in this proud Japanese legacy
- Wander through the ages on a guided walking tour of the rustic lanes and scenic temples of Kyoto, the cultural heart of Japan
$4,915 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.74 stars based on 299 reviews.
Reviewed By Taylor W.
Reviewed By Lindsey P.
Reviewed By ANH T.
Reviewed By Erika P.
Reviewed By Andrea L.
Reviewed By Peter M.