Between Tokyo's cyber futurism and Kyoto’s age-old traditions, Japan’s spectacular charm will unravel itself during this tailored 14-day tour across the country. Throughout the journey, you will indulge in authentic cuisine at beloved eateries, witness scenes of the snow-capped peaks of Mount Fuji, and trace ancient history within citadels and museums to immerse yourself in the culture and traditions of Japan.
Tokyo - Futuristic Cyber Scenes
As your plane soars over Tokyo’s skyline, images of its gleaming LED billboards and imposing skyscrapers will be revealed. Upon your arrival, you will be welcomed to the futuristic city by a private transfer, who will whisk you away to your accommodation in a spirited Tokyo neighborhood. A moment to acclimate yourself to the animated energy will present you with opportunities stroll through back alleys and ancient shrines or to peruse mesmerizing avenues and authentic Japanese restaurants.
Tokyo - Japanese Culture and Beyond
Tokyo - Unique Experiences in Tokyo
Tokyo - Manicured Greenery and Soaring Skyscrapers
Kanazawa - Untamed Wildlife and the Samurai
Takayama - Fabled Gassho-Zukuri Farmhouses
Takayama - Snow-Capped Summit Spectacles
Kyoto - The Greatest Visionaries of Japan
Kyoto - Symbols and Icons of Japan
Kyoto - Flow with Japanese Culture
Kyoto - Enchanting Wilderness Encounters
Kyoto - Stories of the Ancient World
Tokyo - Silhouettes of Mount Fuji
Tokyo - Departure
- Stroll through the evocative streets of Tokyo to memorable highlights, such as the Meiji Shrine, Harajuku district, and Akihabara town
- Escape the crowded neighborhoods of Japan’s bustling capital to the landscaped pastures of Kenrokuen Garden and Kanazawa’s samurai districts
- Appreciate the antique Japanese architecture of generations-old Gassho-Zukuri Farmhouses among the idyllic Gifu Prefecture
- Swoon over the snow-capped summits of the Japanese Alps that soar above the traditional town of Takayama
- Treat yourself to enchanting Japanese traditions during an authentic tea ceremony led by a tea artist and visit magnificent museums in Kyoto
- Wallow in a guided tour through Kyoto’s mesmerizing neighborhoods to iconic sites, such as Gion geisha district, downtown Nishiki Market, and the hallowed Fushimi Inari-Taisha shrine
- Explore the fascinating flora and fauna of Japan beneath the Kitayama Mountains on a trail stroll from the quiet hamlet of Kibune
- Treasure bewitching vistas of the momentous Mount Fuji during a train ride through Japan’s breathtaking countryside
$5,735 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.8 stars based on 41 reviews.
Reviewed By Scott M.
Reviewed By Lisa A.
Reviewed By Janitzia S.
Reviewed By Monique L.
Reviewed By Carol S.
Reviewed By Joshua Z.