This is Italy with no-holds barred, an excursion of such incomparable luxury that it beggars description. Private tours of the Vatican Museum and after-hours visits to Venice’s St. Mark’s Basilica. Exclusive cruises along the famed Amalfi Coast and once-in-a-lifetime excursions to Bologna and St. Moritz. The biggest suites in five-star hotels and dinner at restaurants with multiple Michelin stars. Whatever your inclinations, this tour comes down to five words: Go big or go home.
Lake Como – Beginning Your Italian Experience
Greet Italy at Malpensa Airport on the outskirts of Milan, where a private driver will be waiting to take you to the inimitable splendor of your hotel in on Lake Como. You’ll enjoy the unparalleled luxury of one of the best rooms in this exclusive and elegant hotel that also offers a sensational restaurant, a perfectly attentive staff, and views that will take your breath away. Throw in a world-class spa, and you can understand why this is one of the best hotels in Northern Italy. For dinner tonight, enjoy fresh, creative, and perfectly prepared Italian cuisine while you get a splendid view over the azure expanse of Lake Como.
Milan – From the Shores of Lake Como to the Streets of Milan
Lake Como – Through the Alps to Switzerland
Venice – Across the North, Via Verona
Venice – Discovering the Mysteries of the Queen of the Adriatic
Venice – The Environs of Venice
Florence – A Traipse Through Italy’s Culinary Heartlands
Florence – The Capital of the Italian Renaissance
Florence – The Masterpieces of the Uffizi
Rome – Through Tuscany to the Capital
Rome – The Relics of the Eternal City
Rome – Relaxing in Roma
Amalfi Coast – From Ancient Glories to Breezy Shores
Amalfi Coast – The Jewel of Southern Italy
Amalfi Coast – One Last Day on the Italian Peninsula
Naples – Returning Home
- Spend your nights in the finest hotels and dine in the finest restaurants in Italy, from boutique darlings and home-style cuisine on Lake Como to lavish luxury and phenomenal fare in the heart of Rome
- Check out some of Italy’s greatest churches, from the Gothic detailing of the Duomo in Milan to the red-tiled dome and towering campanile of Florence’s Santa Maria del Fiore to the indescribable grandeur of St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City
- Witness some of the greatest art the Western world has ever seen, like Leonardo’s incredible Last Supper fresco in Milan, the statues that line the Piazza della Signoria and fill the Uffizi in Florence, and Michelangelo’s unparalleled ceiling and altar frescoes in the Sistine Chapel
- Have the thrill of being led around romantic and one-of-a-kind Venice with an expert guide, regaling you with stories of this amazing city’s past while you marvel at the highlights of this magical metropolis
- Visit some of the smaller towns of Italy as you make your way across the country, stopping for a respite in the quaint and charming town of Verona and grabbing a bite of the best Italian food you’ve ever tasted in famed Bologna
- Explore the august past of incomparable Rome, from the glories of the Roman Forum to the treasures of the Vatican Museums to modern marvels like the Trevi Fountain and the Piazza Navonna
- Turn to the Mediterranean coast as you enjoy three days in a resort area that’s been drawing royalty since before Jesus was born at the renowned Amalfi Coast
- Cruise the waters of the Mediterranean Sea and discover the summer hideout of emperors and famous Romans at Capri, as well as the gorgeous Blue Grotto
This sixteen-day tour is an exercise in opulence, an Italian adventure that is unlike any other. You’ll be taken from historic hotels in the center of the country’s greatest cities to tiny trattorias of the country’s greatest food spots. You’ll discover the best art, the best culture and the best natural scenery of anywhere in Europe. And you’ll cover almost the entire country in the company of excellent local guides and drivers, ready to show you all the secrets of enchanting Italy.
Marvel at the glories of Rome and the romance of Venice and experience Tuscan life in places like San Gimignano. Explore the art of Florence and discover the natural beauty of Lake Como. Relax in the sun off the coast of the Med at the famous Amalfi coast and enjoy a meal that will move you to tears in brilliant Bologna. Whatever your wishes, desires or inclinations; however you choose to spend your time, wherever you choose to stay and however you choose to get there, this vacation is sure to be the standard by which all future trips are judged.
This and many other tours of Italy on Zicasso are fully customizable so you can configure any portion of your trip.
$9,595 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 4600 reviews.
Reviewed By Megan D.
Reviewed By Jean Y.
Reviewed By Travis A.
Reviewed By Anna H.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By Kristin D.