The combined stories of history, art, and nature that spread throughout the country will show you the quintessence of Italy on this 11-day highlights tour. Storied ruins, Renaissance masterworks, romantic canals, and whispered flavors will come to life beyond the cities of Rome, Florence, and Venice, where you can find the allure of architecture, landscapes, and ambiance creating the essence of Italy along the way.
Rome - Essential Rome
Welcome to Rome, a city that has seen history from the Etruscans to the Visigoths and the modern European Union. You will be met at the airport and taken to your luxurious accommodation situated within the city center. Venture out onto a guided walk through the ancient buildings to get acquainted with the “Eternal City.” The buildings help guide you through the maze-like walkways to an open square where you find the large stone façade of the Pantheon.
The imposing building was built during the reign of Hadrian around the second century to replace the once burnt down Pantheon commissioned by Emperor Augustus. The portico boasts magnificent Corinthian columns made of granite, while the structure itself continues to have the largest unreinforced concrete dome in the world. When you enter you find an interior that was once dedicated to the many gods of pagan Rome.
Rome - Charming Past
Rome - The Quintessential Flavors of Rome
Rome - Southern Pearls
Perugia - In and Around Piety
Florence - The Tuscan Marvels
Florence - Essential Secretes Revealed
Venice - Northern Capitals
Venice - Beside the Storied Canals
Rome - Roman Returns
Rome - The Essence Continues
- Traverse the canals of Venice on a gondola ride through the city
- Visit the collection of Renaissance masterworks at the Uffizi Gallery
- Witness the grandeur of Michelangelo’s David
- Sample the tremendous flavor of local wines
- Follow in the footsteps of the revered St. Francis of Assisi in his hometown
- Discover the majesty hidden within the ash of Pompeii
- Tour through the antiquity of Rome including the majesty of the St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City
- Wander through a secret Medici passageway in the Uffizi, a unique tour not offered to the general public
$3,933 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Jack C.
Reviewed By Anna T.
Reviewed By Donald W.
Reviewed By Heather Z.
Reviewed By Paul P.
Reviewed By Elissa T.